Junior Interior Designer
Remote - US /
Homebound’s mission is to improve the way homeowners build custom homes, especially in areas that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way using technology to streamline the process. The Homebound team includes in-house home advocates, designers, architects, insurance experts, legal counsel, construction managers and developers — all of whom came together to rebuild their communities and improve custom homebuilding as a whole.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in California and Bahamas, and we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
Homebound has established the basics of what we need to begin building homes (contractors vetted and ready to start, process for managing projects, contracts, etc.). The next step in Homebound’s operational development is to build on the basics and add key personnel to drive our business plan forward.
While creating new technology is one of the critical drivers of both cost advantage and customer experience, architectural design and studio selection process management also plays a key role in Homebound’s success. By interjecting our design team into the early phases of a project, Homebound provides a common thread during services like architecture, interior design, specification development and pre-construction. The role resides within Homebound’s Design Studio Department.
Homebound’s Junior Designer will oversee activities related to homeowner interior selections for plan library and custom homes throughout the markets.
- Provide clients a professional design experience by preparing and delivering interior design selections and options aligning with budget expectations.
- Prepare curated design packages using a design library to facilitate clients making confident decisions.
- Provide clients with design expertise including product information, material characteristics, sketches, and samples.
- Prepare for client meetings including homeowner webpage, presentations, samples and mood boards.
- Knowledge of projects including project status and clients.
- Maintain organized and current project files including correspondence, materials, etc.
- Knowledge and assisting in managing Homebound Product Catalog with the ability to source materials as requested.
- Establish relationships with local vendors for sourcing and samples.
- Meet metrics related to Design Studio key results.
- Work with Design Studio Leadership to establish proper meaningful standards tied to performance goals.
- Up to 5 years experience working in a Design Role or as Junior Designer.
- Must have experience in selecting interior specifications / finishes for Architectural drawings.
- Client facing experience with strong customer service and listening skills.
- Experience with design software (e.g. Bluebeam Revu and graphics editing tools (e.g. Photoshop). AutoCAD and / or Revit a plus.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication abilities and understanding of most current design trends for residential construction.
- Time management and multitasking abilities.
- Creativity skills and problem solving aptitude.
- A keen eye for detail.
Who You Are:
- You’re an outgoing, detail oriented, self-motivated designer committed to providing a quality client experience.
- You have the ability to motivate and lead others and provide a positive and productive work environment in a fast-paced workplace.
- You can collaborate with a team with creative and out of the box solutions.
- You will be anticipatory of client needs and strategic in problem solving.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role,
but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any
other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified
applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.