Vancouver, British Columbia
At Terminal, we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. More than just recruiting, Terminal takes care of everything remote teams need to thrive – from little things like managing office logistics to big things like benefits, legal, and community. We identify emerging tech hubs around the globe and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We exist because we just don't believe that geographical barriers should get in the way of putting the best people at the best companies and helping them thrive. Backed by top venture firms like KPCB, Craft, Thiel Capital and more, Terminal is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Guadalajara and rapidly expanding into new geographies.
Terminal is seeking a Product Designer to drive further success and scalability of our business. This person will lead the design of the Terminal platform, make strategic UX decisions based on customer interviews, early data, and internal feedback, identify new feature opportunities that solve customer pains, and consider important repercussions on how design will impact engineering requirements as well as the experience of multiple user personas.
Our team culture rewards a bias for action, engineering partnership in defining the product, and discipline in how we develop. You’ll thrive in our team if you love chasing impact, working through ambiguity, and developing a culture of innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Help execute on a roadmap for the design and user experience of our new platform
- Work to define a core design system and create a library of reusable, extensible elements
- Iterate on multiple user flows, providing low fidelity wireframes and in some cases, clickable prototypes in order to test with customers and internal stakeholders
- Deliver beautiful high-fidelity interfaces that set Terminal apart
- Develop a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Terminal's values
- Help craft product strategy through user research, defined by jobs-to-be-done
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You will engage with teams across Terminal and external partners to ensure all new features are built with a global mindset and scale for the future
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant product design or lead UX/UI experience
- Preferably a degree in a related field of study (CS, HCI, or digital, graphic, or industrial design)
- An eye for turning wasted space into delightful moments, and reducing complex problems into simple solutions
- Capable of leading user research sessions
- Ability to think in reusable patterns, experiences, and flows
- Actively give and seek out constructive feedback
What you have:
- Collaborative mindset - at Terminal we solve problems together and collaborate to get the best outcomes for our candidates and clients
- Integrity - you are honest and trustworthy and invested in our mission to both help build exceptional teams and provide opportunities to high quality candidates
- Resourcefulness - You adapt to changing priorities and are proactive in identifying, defining, and solving problems
- Passion for building teams, growing careers, and inspiring people to do the best work of their lives in growing venture backed companies
- Exceptional communications skills: written and verbal
What you’ll get:
- An early spot at a fast growing company that is changing the future of work, talent and growing companies
- Exposure to early stage companies; you can help build a team for the next big thing
- Competitive compensation, benefits, equity, and salary
- A tight-knit team, a beautiful workspace and the responsibility and freedom to improve on the process
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.