Homebound’s mission is to improve the way homeowners build custom homes.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way using technology to streamline the process. The Homebound team includes Project Managers, Designers, Architectural resources, Insurance Consultation, Construction Managers and developers — all of whom came together to rebuild their communities and improve custom homebuilding as a whole.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in Sonoma, Napa Counties as well as multiple Southern California Counties, and the Bahamas, and we are ready to scale to help hundreds more.
We are looking for a Construction Coordinator to assist project management and field teams in coordinating residential construction activities throughout Homebound’s Northern California region located in Santa Cruz.
The Coordinator will be responsible for ongoing activities on multiple, simultaneous residential construction projects throughout the region. Must have excellent written and verbal communication abilities and skills to prioritize activities to complete tasks effectively. Must understand the residential construction process and be able to push a schedule through the Construction life cycle.
This is an exceptional long-term career opportunity within a rapidly growing homebuilder.
What You'll Do:
- Assist the construction operations department with pushing project schedules, scheduling meetings, creating meeting notes, and performing other admin functions
- Handle all required signage and compliance documents for our project sites as required
- Provide admin and project document support to Project Managers and Superintendents/Area Managers
- Provide project accounting support for POs, COs, and invoices
- Monitor and update company systems and online tools for tracking progress
- Co Construct and Blueprint power user (HB will provide training)
- Work with the architecture and design, purchasing department, forward planning, and insurance departments to hit deliverable timelines
- Have in depth knowledge of the permitting process for each area we are building and ensure the permit package is correct before submitting
- Work with utilities to make sure homes are connected to city and county services in a timely manner and all paperwork and payments are made before they are required on site in the field
- Help manage the warranty and close out process of projects in a successful and timely manner
What You Have:
- 5+ years of experience working as a Project Coordinator or like experience, managing multiple ongoing residential construction projects; maintaining document controls, assisting in the development and remittance of submittals, RFI’s, change orders, ordering materials, scheduling subcontractors, invoicing and closing outs project up to $6 Million
- AS degree or greater in business administration, construction management and/or a history of successful experience working within the construction industry as a customer service representative, project coordinator, design center representative, realtor and/or project engineer
- Cheerful with a go-getter attitude
- Organized to a fault
- Not afraid to push others to hit deadlines and produce deliverables
- Always looking for ways to improve processes and relationships
- Fluent in online systems
Ideal Candidates Are:
What Success Looks Like In 6 Months:
- Fully functional within the ops team including Construction, Purchasing, Project Managers, Area Managers, and Design
- Providing project support to all homes
- Power user status on CoConstruct and Blueprint platform
- Ability to anticipate bottlenecks and proactively solve issues
- Team members are looking to you for solutions to improve processes
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role,
but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any
other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified
applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.