Assistant Construction Manager
San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Villa creates housing that empowers homeowners and helps communities flourish. We believe that families shouldn’t be broken up because they can’t afford to live in the same city. We believe that safe and comfortable housing shouldn’t be just for the wealthy. And we believe that the housing shortage can be solved through a visionary plan and hard work.
We build high-quality prefab accessory dwelling units in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, and make the process easy for everyone. Every member of our team is dedicated to our mission of building housing that matters. And we always put our customers first.
We believe that everyone deserves a place to call home and invite you to join us.
We’re looking for an organized and detail-oriented Assistant Construction Manager to join our team and help our Operations team across a wide range of projects in a fun, fast-paced environment. This is a rare opportunity to join a start-up with an uplifting mission!
What You'll Do:
- Assist the Construction Management team with the management of all aspects of delivery, setup, installation, and completion of all onsite construction for prefabricated ADU projects.
- Assist the Construction Management team with the management and oversight of site work for new construction projects, coordinating site activities and assuring that all disciplines directly involved in the project are in phase with the project goals and objectives.
- Assist the Construct Management team with the coordination of transportation and delivery partners to ensure effective delivery of pre-constructed units.
- Assist the Construction Management team in providing direction to subcontractors and vendors during onsite construction work, ensuring quality standards are met.
- Coordinate with in-house project deliverable teams/departments to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Assist the Construction Management team with the preparation and management of estimates, budgets, schedules, and resources.
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring construction issues.
- Adhere to legal regulations, building and safety codes, and other requirements.
What You Have:
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, coupled with a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and grow within a fast-paced, start-up culture.
- Knowledge in residential construction including sitework, foundations, utilities, and home construction.
- Comfortable using technology to enhance the traditional construction process.
- 2+ Years Experience in Construction/Project Management is preferred, but not required.
- Construction/Project Management degree (or equivalent experience) is preferred, but not required.
- Prefab, modular, or manufactured home experience is preferred, but not required.
- Capable of managing multiple projects (10+) at any given time.
- Alacrity - brisk and cheerful readiness to go above and beyond.
- You have extreme ownership of the tasks and projects you are assigned.
- Positive attitude and willingness to accept constructive feedback.
- Team player.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Driving to and from multiple construction sites will be required as part of the job. Personal vehicle will be required. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Driving time for construction project management - 10+ hours/week
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Villa considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.