Assistant Construction Manager
San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Villa creates housing that empowers homeowners and helps communities flourish. We believe that families shouldn’t be broken up because they can’t afford to live in the same city. We believe that safe and comfortable housing shouldn’t be just for the wealthy. And we believe that the housing shortage can be solved through a visionary plan and hard work.
We build high-quality prefab accessory dwelling units in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, and make the process easy for everyone. Every member of our team is dedicated to our mission of building housing that matters. And we always put our customers first.
We believe that everyone deserves a place to call home and invite you to join us.
We’re looking for an organized and detail-oriented Assistant Construction Manager to join our team and help our Operations team across a wide range of projects in a fun, but challenging, fast-paced environment. This is a rare opportunity to join a start-up with an uplifting mission!
What You'll Do:
- Assist the Construction Management team with all aspects of delivery, setup, installation, and completion of all onsite construction for prefabricated ADU projects.
- Assist the Construction Management team with oversight of site work for new construction projects, coordinating site activities and assuring that all disciplines directly involved in the project are in phase with project goals and objectives.
- Assist the Construct Management team with coordination of transportation and delivery partners to ensure effective delivery of pre-constructed units.
- Assist the Construction Management team in providing direction to subcontractors and vendors during onsite construction work, ensuring quality standards are met.
- Assist the Construction Management team with the preparation and management of estimates, budgets, schedules, and company resources.
What You Have:
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, coupled with a CAN DO attitude and a willingness to learn and grow within a fast-paced, start-up culture.
- Knowledge in residential construction including sitework, foundations, and utilities.
- Comfortable using technology to enhance the traditional construction process.
- 2+ Years Experience in Construction/Project Management is preferred, but not required.
- Construction/Project Management degree (or equivalent experience) is preferred, but not required.
- Prefab, modular, or manufactured home experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects (10+) at any given time.
- ALACRITY - brisk and cheerful readiness to go above and beyond.
- Self-starter with extreme ownership of the tasks and projects you are assigned.
- Positive attitude, team player and willingness to accept constructive feedback.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record - company vehicle will be provided.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Villa considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.