Manager, Machine Learning
Remote - US and Canada /
From the latest in Edge AI platforms to cloud-ready solutions, Paravision powers computer vision-centric solutions that deliver breakthrough capabilities in the most challenging conditions. We’re the top-ranked face recognition provider from the U.S., UK, and EU, delivering world-class capability with an ethical and customer-centric approach. In alignment with our company values, we hire people who are collaborative with a growth mindset, intellectually strong and curious, and energy accretive.
Our business is growing rapidly, and we seek a highly motivated Manager, Machine Learning to lead our high-performing team of machine learning engineers. This role will report to our Director of Machine Learning, and drive the design and creation of scalable machine learning applications that enable various use cases across our customer base, thus being an accelerant for the rapid growth Paravision is experiencing.
What You'll Do:
- Run day-to-day activities of a dynamic team of machine learning scientists, to deliver novel, strategic AI-enabled solutions with diverse, industry-leading skills in distributed machine learning training workflows, edge AI, data engineering and tools both in the cloud and on-device.
- Drive the direction of Paravision’s architecture, data collection, analytics, infrastructure, tools, and learning systems.
- Review the team’s designs, algorithms, and code while also spending time developing your own.
- Read papers and attend top-tier conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, ICCV and Neurips.
- Lead the implementation of SOTA algorithms in computer vision + deep learning using modern frameworks such as Pytorch, Tensorflow and MXNet.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure the teams' contributions align with company objectives in defining, architecting and building data ingestion systems and model training pipelines from experimentation to deployment, monitoring and continuous performance improvement.
- Perform full lifecycle of team management to attract, engage, retain, coach and performance manage the team of exceptional engineers (e.g., mentoring, recruiting, training and development, performance evaluation).
- Actively drive partnership with the Machine Learning team to release models that are top five in the world for accuracy and performance as measured by the NIST FRVT test.
What You Bring:
- PhD in Computer Science or related field with research in machine learning.
- 5+ years of experience building machine learning or AI systems.
- 2+ years leading and/or managing technical teams.
- Expert skills with machine learning software packages (e.g., PyTorch, MXNet, Caffe, scikit-learn, TensorFlow).
- Expertise in software engineering standards and best practices.
- Deep understanding of mathematical foundations of Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience working with large datasets.
What You Have:
- You love the idea of coaching and building leaders.
- You have a passion for enabling and motivating people to do their best work.
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade offs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment.
- A track record of creating diverse and inclusive environments and bring experience improving diversity, equity and/or inclusion in your current or past roles.
- A true passion for technology and thoughtful delivery of next-generation capabilities.
Bonus to Have:
- Experience collaborating across a multi-national distributed team.
- Experience working with computer vision in design of APIs and SDKs.
- Experience working with Openvino, TensorRT, or other inference engines
What You'll Get:
- Competitive salary with meaningful equity compensation and excellent benefits.
- The opportunity to work with a group of highly talented and equally nice people while making a huge impact.
- Work-life flexibility - we value your contributions above all.
- A professional environment with a focus on teamwork.
Paravision is focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We consider for employment all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. If you require assistance or accommodation during the recruitment process due to a disability, please let us know.