Strategic Finance Lead
San Francisco, CA
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and with over $50M funding from Google Ventures, Thrive, Khosla and more, we are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
As our first Strategic Finance team hire, you will be in a unique position to build and scale our strategic analysis, financial planning, forecasting, and reporting efforts, while also having the opportunity to turn key insights into impact. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, analytically rigorous, mission-driven and impact-oriented, read on and apply now!
What You'll Do:
- Apply business judgement and financial insights to assist with decision making related to unit economics, margin levers, core business expansion, and new opportunities
- Build guardrails and milestones for financial and performance management and identify controls and improve processes to prepare Homebound for the next stages of growth
- Define, prepare and analyze a combination of financial, operating and product metrics to create detailed budgets and short / long-range forecasts, including three statements, liquidity and capital-needs analyses, as well as ad hoc reporting / analysis as needed
- Act as one team with accounting colleagues to develop and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual business results, tracking key performance indicators, and data trends, including monthly reporting on forecast-to-actual variances, and synthesize results to develop critical business insights
- Represent Team Finance as a fiercely collaborative, proactive and intellectual team member who puts Homebound first
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
Who You Are:
- 4-8 years of experience in business strategy / analytics, operational FP&A, private equity, investment banking, consulting or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies
- Elite modeling skills - attention to detail and best practices are second-nature and able to build efficient, scalable and intuitive
- Deep understanding of financial modeling, valuation methods, and key metrics used in the real estate, homebuilding and construction industries; strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Agile self-starter with ability to move quickly and desire to own and be accountable for projects from Day 1
- Service-oriented attitude characterized by strong listening skills and the desire to achieve shared success
- Financial operator looking to impact change in an industry historically adverse to technology.
- BS / BA in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or similar
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.