Product Catalog Operations Associate
Remote - US /
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build homes leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way. The Homebound team includes in-house designers, architects, insurance experts, legal counsel, construction managers, and developers — all of whom come together to rebuild their communities and improve custom homebuilding as a whole.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in California and Bahamas, and we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
The Product Catalog Ops Associate is a critical member of the Architecture & Design team, which sits within Homebound’s Construction Services group.
In the first twelve months, this individual will build, maintain, and evolve Homebound’s database of thousands of architecture and design product options -- i.e., faucets, lighting, flooring, windows, trim, etc. -- to create a world-class tech-enabled homebuilding experience for our customers. This includes developing a product pricing system and strategy that aligns with our business goals. Your contribution to the database will directly deliver on Homebound’s highest level objective of creating a truly transparent, customer-first homebuilding experience unlike any in the industry. You will be able to directly shape the development of Homebound’s Homeowner Portal (HOP), our innovative tech platform that allows homeowners to make architecture and design decisions through an e-commerce-like experience and track the progress of their projects.
This role is highly cross-functional. You will collaborate with our Procurement team to gather relevant product information and source and update products from our vendor partners; our Architecture & Design (A&D) team to reflect the latest industry standards and trends; and our Tech team to ensure that the product catalog fits seamlessly our homeowner-facing tech platform.
This role can grow in a number of directions once our product catalog stabilizes and achieves operational efficiency. Growth opportunities may include serving as A&D’s strategic partner to Procurement, testing and launching new product offerings for A&D, or defining and tracking the success of new Construction Services processes.
This is an opportunity to build infrastructure and process at a rapidly growing company, while gaining exposure to functions and teams across the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a robust, best-in-class product catalog that reflects our homeowners’ needs and the Homebound brand - fresh, high quality, and trustworthy.
- Work with the Head of A&D to develop a strategy and roadmap for the product catalog’s maintenance, growth, and pricing strategy.
- Provide insights, recommendations, and big ideas to guide the future development of Homebound’s product catalog; for example, tying into retailer APIs, partnering with an A&D influencer to create new design packages, highlighting “Homebound favorite” products, etc.
- Set our Design team up for success by preparing for homeowner presentations, coordinating samples, and following up on availability and pricing of selected products.
- Rigorously quality control the product catalog.
- Track product information and communicate with vendors and our Procurement team to actively ensure that product information is up-to-date.
- Collaborate with Tech to establish and track metrics to strategically grow the product catalog.
- Collaborate with A&D and Procurement to develop new design packages and add relevant products and information to the database.
- Strengthen the relationship and feedback loop between the A&D and Procurement teams.
- Understand how the product catalog feeds into our Homeowner Portal and work to continuously improve our homeowner experience.
What You Have:
- 2-5 years experience working in a business operations, sales operations, merchandising, or inventory management role.
- Analytical and process-oriented; comfortable working with large data sets.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Tech-savvy, agile, and able to quickly adopt new tech tools.
- Strong communication skills and ability to form relationships with internal and external partners and vendors.
- Interest in learning about construction, architecture, design, and procurement.
- Experience working in Airtable, Excel, and/or other data management systems.
- Experience in ecommerce or at a startup is a plus.
Who You Are:
- Positive, self-motivated generalist who always keeps the customer in mind.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- An obsessive attention to detail.
- A love for creating structure to streamline operations and processes.
- Know how to ask the right questions and collaborate with diverse stakeholders to build a product that benefits the company as a whole.
- Not afraid to question the status quo and propose creative solutions.
- Strategic thinker who can also get into the weeds.
- Self-starter who is energized by working in a rapidly changing environment.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
Please review our CCPA policies here.