Lead Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Villa creates housing that empowers homeowners and helps communities flourish. We believe that families shouldn’t be broken up because they can’t afford to live in the same city. We believe that safe and comfortable housing shouldn’t be just for the wealthy. And we believe that the housing shortage can be solved through a visionary plan and hard work.
We build high-quality prefab accessory dwelling units in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, and make the process easy for everyone. Every member of our team is dedicated to our mission of building housing that matters. And we always put our customers first.
We believe that everyone deserves a place to call home and invite you to join us.
As Lead Full-Stack Engineer, and one of the startup’s first engineering hires, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the company’s product roadmap and engineering culture. You will build key customer-facing front end supported by reliable back end systems. You will also serve as a leader in the engineering organization.
What You'll Do:
- Understand key customer and internal needs and propose technology-driven solutions
- Build delightful user experiences and reliable, robust back-end systems
- Write clean and efficient code
- Contribute to product, design, engineering and architecture for all of our technology solutions
- Work with the product, operations, sales, and marketing teams to influence and shape our product strategy and roadmap
- Build a high-performance engineering culture
- Serve in a “player-coach” role, both building and leading the engineering team
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience working on external facing applications
- Very experienced with a front-end framework such as React, Angular, or Vue
- Very experienced with a back-end framework such as Node.js
- Very proficient with frameworks and libraries that are state of the art
- Experience working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- Leadership experience a strong plus
- A team oriented personality, bias to action, excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the desire to work at an early stage startup
- A desire to improve yourself and be a positive influence on those around you
- An instinctive desire to write quality code, the humility to understand and improve existing code, and the judgment to make tradeoffs between elegance and efficiency
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Villa considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.