Austin, TX /
Villa creates housing that empowers homeowners and helps communities flourish. We believe that families shouldn’t be broken up because they can’t afford to live in the same city. We believe that safe and comfortable housing shouldn’t be just for the wealthy. And we believe that the housing shortage can be solved through a visionary plan and hard work.
We build high-quality prefab accessory dwelling units in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, and make the process easy for everyone. Every member of our team is dedicated to our mission of building housing that matters. And we always put our customers first.
We believe that everyone deserves a place to call home and invite you to join us.
We’re looking for an organized and detail-oriented Construction Manager to join our team and help lead our Operations team across a wide range of projects in a fun, fast-paced environment. This is a rare opportunity to join a start-up with an uplifting mission!
What You'll Do:
- Manage all aspects of delivery, setup, installation, and completion of all onsite construction for backyard prefabricated ADU projects in the Austin geographic territory.
- Visit project sites early in the sales/estimating process for initial site evaluation, and assist the sales team with building out proposals.
- Coordinate with transportation and delivery partners to ensure effective delivery of pre-constructed manufactured and modular units.
- Oversee and provide direction to subcontractors and vendors during onsite construction, ensuring quality standards are met.
- Coordinate with in-house project deliverable teams/departments to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of projects during all phases of the project life cycle.
- Preparation and management of estimates, budgets, schedules, and resources.
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring construction issues.
- Adhere to legal regulations, building and safety codes, and other requirements.
What You Have:
- Knowledge in all aspects of residential construction including sitework, foundations, utilities, and home construction.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, coupled with a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and grow within a fast-paced, start-up culture.
- 10+ Years of Construction/Project Management experience.
- Construction/Project Management degree (or equivalent experience).
- Prefab, modular, or manufactured home experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience calling for and standing for inspections.
- Comfortable using technology to enhance the traditional construction process.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Smartsheet, Project Financial Reporting software, and MS Project (or equivalent schedule management software).
- Proven track record of bringing projects in on time and on budget.
- Capable of managing multiple projects (10+) at any given time.
- Alacrity - brisk and cheerful readiness to go above and beyond.
- You have extreme ownership of the tasks and projects you are assigned.
- Self-starter and able to receive constructive feedback.
- Love being part of a team.
- Ability to interact well with others in-person, verbally, and in writing.
- Valid driver’s license. Company vehicle provided.
- Driving time for construction project management - 10+ hours/week.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Villa considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.