San Francisco, CA
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
Homebound’s Brand Manager is a San Francisco-based role reporting initially to the Head of Customer Experience. The Brand Manager will be the curator of Homebound’s brand and will be responsible for refining and operationalizing Homebound’s brand across all channels.
- Own and refine brand standards:
- Take ownership of brand kit developed by external branding agency and refine as needed to make it more compelling, coherent, and actionable
- Communicate out on brand guidelines across the organization
- Contribute to brand guidelines as we grow and evolve
- Roll out brand across assets:
- Oversee creative and production of all Homebound brand assets across digital and analog verticals
- Own strategy and prioritization of these assets
- Acquire and manage creative/design freelance resources
- Ensure all work is completed on time, in full alignment with brand, and at an extremely high bar for quality
- Over time, this team member will build out the brand marketing and creative team, though initial creative resources will likely be freelance or agency.
- Nurture and tell our brand stories:
- Define Homebound’s storytelling strategy - what stories are important for us to tell internally, to future customers, and to press? How can we develop stories, testimonials, and human-centric content that support our brand
- Develop and own processes for discovering and capturing compelling stories across the organization (primarily customer stories, but also employee and contractor stories).
- Produce & creative direct photography, videography, web content, and more to elevate and compellingly communicate these stories.
- Develop arc of narratives we’d like to share publicly through press, and work with PR agency to surface these stories
- Relentlessly advocate for a customer-obsessed organization internally
Who You Are:
- 5-7 years of professional experience within brand, design, production, or project management, ideally at a brand-first startup
- Extremely strong taste and high bar for design and content quality
- Has extremely strong customer empathy and intuition
- Sweats the details - understands the importance of nailing all dimensions of quality across an asset, from design quality to paper weight to ease of implementation in the field.
- Strategic thought leader - doesn’t just execute, but can develop a strategic, flexible, and informed point-of-view on how to continue to develop our brand strategy
- Is excellent at sourcing and identifying creative talent, understands what resources are needed for various deliverables, and knows how to get the most from creative talent
- Excellent at project managing many deliverables at once; can create a work plan and stick to a budget and timeline
- You are organized and have a high “do-to-say” ratio. You always follow through.
- Nails communicating status of branding efforts outwardly to the rest of the company
- You are excited about working in a start-up environment where you own your work plan. You don’t need others to give you direction, but loop in others when you need support.
Your First 6 Months:
- Deliver v1 brand kit that will guide our brand production through our next phase of company growth
- Roll out new, branded assets across all online and offline channels. Everything a customer sees, hears, and touches should be aligned with the Homebound brand.
- Develop 12 month story roadmap - what are the brand stories we should tell, what’s the high-level order in which we want to tell them, and what do we need to put in place to capture those stories?
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.