Head of People Operations
San Francisco, CA /
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and with over $50M funding from Google Ventures, Thrive, Khosla and more, we are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
As the founder of Homebound’s People Operations Team, you’ll be the architect of the systems, process and teams that we need to scale the incredible team + culture that we’ve built to-date. You will establish and oversee People Operations, including Recruiting and HR functions, to ensure that we’re set up to succeed in a business where homebuilding meets technology. Navigating that intersection is one of the most critical innovations that we’re tackling, and it starts with People, making your job core to the success of our company. You’ll help us build #oneteam that works together across diverse industries, backgrounds, skill sets, geographies, and more to drive change in one of the largest and least tech-enabled industries in the world. You will get to both build toward the long-term, while also supporting the team through the challenges of scaling today.
The core mission of our Head of People Ops is to build the support functions needed to enable our team to scale successfully - from recruiting and onboarding, to ongoing training, culture-building, and human resources. This role will partner closely with the CEO and full leadership team to develop and implement our People Ops strategy. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Establish a trusted People Ops function that serves as an advisor and partner to leaders throughout the organization, and build a team that can support our rapid growth with the expertise and empathy needed throughout hyper-growth
- Codify our vision around what it means to work at Homebound and rally the team around that vision.
- Build and implement programs across recruiting, onboarding, ongoing training, feedback and culture building to reinforce our values and vision around Homebound as a place to work
- Manage human resources needs across the organization, including payroll and benefits (partnering with the Atomic Business Services team for support to start)
- Managing People Ops team of full time Homebounders (one current recruiter, with open headcount for another recruiter plus a recruiting coordinator), excellent part-time support from Atomic team (across HR, recruiting, etc.), and potentially Office Managers across the company
Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in People Operations Leadership roles
- Consulting and/or other operational experience a plus
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt in a changing business environment
- Experience finding, recruiting and managing people, including diverse teams (different locations, employees/contractors/agencies, levels of experience, etc.)
- Exceptional communication & collaboration skills, particularly with people who have different skill sets
Who You Are:
- Logical, measured and can solve any problem you put in front of them in a way that gets others excited to help
- Strong, positive, optimistic leader with resilient attitude, and experience making things work in early stage companies
- Get sh*t done attitude, tenacious and willing to do whatever it takes
- Relentless focus on results
- Continuous optimizer - always looking for ways to make things better, faster, more efficient
- Flexible, and excited to work on whatever will drive biggest immediate results against what the company currently needs
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
- Willing to tackle the big and the small
- Excited about homebuilding and the opportunity to tackle one of the largest industries in the world, with a customer-centric, tech-enabled approach
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role,
but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any
other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified
applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.