Field Superintendent / Field Project Manager
Santa Rosa, CA /
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build homes leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way. The Homebound team includes in-house designers, architects, insurance experts, legal counsel, construction managers, and developers — all of whom come together to rebuild their communities and improve custom homebuilding as a whole.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in California and Bahamas, and we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
Supervise and direct all aspects of the multi home community from inception to move-in. Responsible for quality control in construction. Coordinate with the office and maintain accurate online records.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, supervise, and direct all aspects of construction for the projects you are assigned.
- Manage the daily construction operations of up to 20 single family homes concurrently.
- Efficiently manage schedules for multiple homes in different stages of construction.
- Ensure workmanship and adherence to scopes of work by inspecting and approving trade partner work on a daily basis.
- You are responsible for safety program implementation on all job sites.
- Ensure that all work is in compliance with permitting authority requirements, local and national building codes, and is in keeping with accepted industry standards.
- Maintain electronic and on-site physical records all changes in the scope of work, plans, and specifications for the homes you manage.
- Follow detailed operational processes around communication, change management, and project financial management.
- Coordinate inspections and corresponding records.
- Approve all trade partner’s invoices with regard to work completeness and quality.
- Maintain a daily log of all activities on the job sites you manage.
- Coordinate with the Purchasing Team to ensure smooth buy-out of materials and labor and provide feedback regarding budgets and quality of trade partner work.
- Advise, as needed, on plans and specifications.
- Report to the Head of Construction on all aspects of assigned project performance, including schedules, budgets, safety, and cleanliness.
- Deliver projects on time with 10 or fewer punch list items.
- Obtain occupancy permits for all projects.
- Perform all other duties or assigned as required.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of all swppp for each site.
- Participate in client walks throughout the entire building process with the project team.
- Responsible for scheduling and managing all third party inspections including but not limited to wrap insurance and bank inspections.
What You Have:
- You have six (6) years (minimum) experience in residential home construction as a project superintendent with field experience building homes.
- 6 years (minimum) of tract/production home construction experience.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and MS Project or equivalent schedule management software.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High degree of construction knowledge.
- Ability to interact well with others in-person, verbally, and in writing.
- You have extreme ownership of the tasks you’re assigned.
- You’re a self-starter and don’t need to be told what to do next.
- Able to receive constructive feedback.
- You love being part of a team.
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment.
- Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- You have to be comfortable with mud on your boots.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.