Santa Cruz, CA /
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in the Bahamas, Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and with over $50M funding from Google Ventures, Thrive, Khosla and more, we are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
We are seeking a Field Superintendent to oversee all phases of single-family home construction for fire-rebuilding projects, and high-end custom homes throughout the South Bay and Santa Cruz County markets.
- Project-level field direction on a wide variety of projects from initial project feasibility consultation, engineering and permitting, rough grade through project closeout, including managing multiple ongoing projects throughout the market.
- Ensure codes and construction standards conveyed and met, schedule projects, direct on-site construction, manage all trades, process RFI’s, submittals, initiate purchasing triggers with the procurement team, and manage inspections.
- Ability to successfully manage a portfolio of up to 10 custom home projects in the assigned geographic region.
- 10+ years of construction management experience, with at least 5 years of dedicated experience related to construction of custom homes and/or residential production home building.
- Experience in assessing construction schedules, developing scopes of work, budgets, processing change orders, RFI’s, managing vendor relationships and overseeing onsite construction and inspections for successful project deliverables is required.
- Ability to assume Homebound’s lead role in the region as to directing onsite construction for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering and/or related industry experience.
- Strong practical construction management experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple large-scale residential projects at one time.
- Experience with the Google Suite and online construction project management software.
Who You Are:
- Forward thinker with the desire to innovate and explore new methods.
- You have always wanted to question the status quo - you don’t want to do it “the way it has always been done”.
- Get stuff done attitude, tenacious and willing to do whatever it takes.
- Emotionally intelligent.
- Flexible, and excited to work on whatever will drive biggest immediate results against what the company currently needs.
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and jump in and help wherever needed.
- Willing to tackle the big and the small.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role,
but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any
other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified
applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.