Designer - Construction Services
Remote/Western US /
Homebound’s mission is to improve the way homeowners build custom homes, especially in areas that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way using technology to streamline the process. The Homebound team includes in-house home advocates, designers, architects, insurance experts, legal counsel, construction managers and developers — all of whom came together to rebuild their communities and improve custom homebuilding as a whole.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in California and Bahamas, and we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
Homebound has established the basics of what we need to begin building homes (contractors vetted and ready to start, process for managing projects, contracts, etc.). The next step in Homebound’s operational development is to build on the basics and add key personnel to drive our business plan forward.
While creating new technology is one of the critical drivers of both cost advantage and customer experience, architectural design and studio selection process management also plays a key role in Homebound’s success. By interjecting our design team into the early phases of a project, Homebound provides a common thread during services like architecture, interior design, specification development and pre-construction. The role resides within Homebound’s Design Studio Department.
Homebound’s Designer will oversee activities related to homeowner interior selections for custom homes throughout the markets. This person will be part of our central services team and can be based from a remote office in the Western US. Some travel required.
- Provides homeowners/clients a professional design experience that will allow them to select available options, discuss finishes and various upgrades to move the pre-construction process forward.
- Provides homeowners with product information, samples, resources, and available upgrade options.
- Helps homeowners select all final finishes for their homes.
- Reviews all costing and specifications in CoConstruct for accuracy.
- Delivers interior selections comprehensively to ensure they are made correctly and in alignment with homeowner approvals.
- Ensures selections presented to the homeowner aligns with budget expectations.
- Knowledgeable in Homebound Product Catalog and sourcing materials as requested for Homeowners.
- Establishing relationships with local vendors for sourcing and samples.
- Maintains organized project records for all projects and Design Studio.
- Knowledge of Homebound projects including project status and Homeowners.
- Conducts field visits to review new products and provides feedback on inclusion of selection items.
- Meets metrics related to Design Studio key results.
- Work with Design Studio Leadership to establish proper meaningful standards tied to performance goals.
- 3+ years of experience working in a Design Role or Product Library.
- Client facing experience with strong customer service and listening skills.
- Ability to communicate features, advantages/benefits associated with various upgrades, material characteristics, design standards, create color and material palettes, and sketches.
- Compile a comprehensive set of specifications and finish schedules.
- Must have exceptional computer, written and verbal communication abilities and understanding of most current design trends for residential construction.
Who You Are:
- You’re an outgoing, detail oriented, self-motivated designer committed to providing a quality homeowner experience.
- You have the ability to motivate and lead others and provide a positive and productive work environment in a fast-paced workplace.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role,
but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any
other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified
applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.