San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Villa creates housing that empowers homeowners and helps communities flourish. We believe that families shouldn’t be broken up because they can’t afford to live in the same city. We believe that safe and comfortable housing shouldn’t be just for the wealthy. And we believe that the housing shortage can be solved through a visionary plan and hard work.
We build high-quality prefab accessory dwelling units in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, and make the process easy for everyone. Every member of our team is dedicated to our mission of building housing that matters. And we always put our customers first.
We believe that everyone deserves a place to call home and invite you to join us.
We’re looking for an organized and detail-oriented Site Estimator to join our team and help our Sales and Operations teams prepare new project proposals across California in a fun, fast-paced environment. This is a rare opportunity to join a start-up with an uplifting mission!
We're looking for a highly motivated Site Estimator to help with the estimating, scope generation, and site design operations of our backyard homes. You will report directly to our Site Engineering Manager and support all aspects of site design and estimating review such as project feasibility, scope of work conception/review, and coordination with internal and external entities for successful completion of original site estimates. You will also play a part in larger initiatives regarding streamlining site work scopes, creating more efficient internal processes throughout project life cycles, and creating databases for code reference and standardizing cost estimates. This role requires someone who is highly organized, communicates well, and can manage multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain constant communication with our Sales team to prepare project estimates for clients with a wide variety of site conditions, and with our Operations team to closely monitor project actuals to close feedback loop and ensure future projects are scoped and estimated properly.
- Feasibility – Conduct Code and Zoning review of our projects against local jurisdiction requirements as required.
- Site Design – Design standard and project-specific site plans and details required to properly estimate and scope ADU projects across California.
- Project Estimation – Design and update geo-specific site work estimate databases required to properly price all necessary scopes of work for proper and seamless execution of all projects.
What You Have:
- 4-year college degree. Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years in construction / project management & estimation, or site operations roles. Experience in Residential Construction is a plus.
- Local in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a hybrid on/off site job and will require commuting to visit potential job sites 2-4 times a month. Working from the San Francisco office is also expected twice a week.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and responsibility for their work and actions.
- Comfort working in the uncertainty of a new company, with a consistently evolving agenda.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate cross-functional schedules.
- An eye for quality, detail, and a desire to perform at a high level.
- Experienced in Building Code and Local Ordinance review and interpretation.
- Proficiency with Bluebeam Revu, Excel, and Google Workspace.
- Experience with SmartSheets and ArcGIS are a plus.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Villa considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.