Santa Rosa, CA
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Contracts Manager to join our Legal Team and work with us in our headquarters in Santa Rosa. Homebound also has offices in Santa Monica, San Francisco and Denver. The ideal candidate will have an interest in residential construction and an aptitude executing contracts and managing contract records. This person will also have a successful track record of developing strong relationships with internal and external partners.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for managing contracts with all of Homebound’s outside business partners and Homeowners. The Contracts Manager will assist the Legal and Finance Team in compiling contracts, tracking execution status and keeping metrics on agreements across the business. The Contracts Manager will pursue new technologies and better processes to improve contract execution, archiving and user experience. This person will report directly to the Paralegal, Records Management on the Legal Team, and will work cross functionally with all of Homebound’s internal departments to compile contracts and to oversee each agreement through execution.
- Partner with Paralegal, Records Management to oversee the lifecycle of all of Homebound’s executed agreements
- Collaborate with internal teams to manage contracts with Homeowners, network builders, subcontractors, design professionals, consultants and vendors
- Assist maintenance of the contract templates library with input from the Legal Team and outside counsel
- Maintain Homebound’s contract management software under the supervision of the Paralegal, Records Management
- Manage contract feedback from internal and external partners working closely with other members of the Legal Team and outside counsel
- Develop a system of tracking signed contract metrics using Salesforce and/or Contracts Management Software
- Organize record-keeping and version control for all contract related documentation to ensure that all signed contracts are named properly and saved in Homebound’s digital files
- Support risk mitigation and coordinate insurance issues - General Liability, Builder's Risk
- Shape and improve our legal processes that enable both legal and business functions to scale effectively
- Ensure that the contract process complies with all Homebound policies including signature authority
- Treat sensitive homeowner and builder data with professionalism and discretion
- 3+ years of contract management experience (preferably in the area of construction, software as a service and/or real estate)
- Knowledge of legal terms in contract documents
- Ability to summarize contract executions into defined metrics
- Proven success as a contract manager
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced “start-up” environment
- Skilled with G-Suite, Google Docs and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using online contract management software
- Experience using Salesforce is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Who You Are:
- Get it done attitude, tenacious and willing to do whatever it takes
- Service oriented and able to meet the demands of multiple requests
- Relentless focus on results
- Continuous optimizer - always looking for ways to make things better, faster and more efficient
- Flexible, and excited to work on whatever will best suit the needs of the company
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
- Willing to tackle the big and the small
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive health plans (medical (including HSA/FSA, dental, vision, 401K)
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Enhanced Paternity/Maternity Programs
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.