San Francisco, CA /
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and
we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it the most: communities impacted
by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner
experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities
along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles
counties, and with over $50M funding from Google Ventures, Thrive, Khosla and more, we are
rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
Homebound is looking for a Controller to oversee the Accounting function in San Francisco. Our
Controller will directly manage an accounting team while also supporting our leadership team to
execute key goals and implement processes that scale with our company. We’re looking for
someone who has experience in a fast-paced startup, who can jump from strategy to tactical
execution without a hitch and who can act as a key business partner to effectively lead cross-
functional initiatives. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, an excellent communicator and has
strong people management skills.
- Direct the daily operations of the global accounting function.
- Lead the preparation of periodic GAAP financial statements and reports for both internal and external purposes, taking overall responsibility for the integrity and reliability of such reporting.
- Design, implement and monitor internal controls, processes and procedures to support our company goals and objectives.
- Independently resolve and/or develop recommendations for unprecedented, complex issues and problems.
- Serve as a resource for others across the company in resolving unprecedented, non-standard issues and problems.
- Act as thought leader for accounting function; anticipate problems and develop recommendations for management resolution.
- Lead the implementation and training for new systems and/or reporting methodology and ensure the development of related policies and procedures.
- Ensure successful completion of the financial statement audit process.
- 6+ years of accounting-heavy experience including at least 1 year as a controller, assistant controller or senior accounting manager
- 4+ years audit/assurance experience from a Big 4 public accounting firm. A strong technical accounting background, CPA required.
- Experience with construction accounting (e.g. percentage of completion) and construction compliance is a plus
- Experience managing a team in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience building an accounting function, including the creation and implementation of internal controls, policies and processes
- Some experience in ERP implementation (NetSuite preferred)
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral; high EQ
- Excellent skills in accuracy, organization, and problem solving
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role,
but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any
other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified
applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.