Santa Rosa, CA
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
Homebound is seeking a Purchasing Manager to oversee the purchasing activities of custom residential homes throughout Sonoma County area.
- Costs estimates/work schedules for custom homes
- Sourcing new products for home builds
- Oversee all contracts with homeowners and trade partners
- Work with Homebound’s Design Studio to coordinate product delivery
- Work with field staff on scheduling deliveries to the field
- Updating all purchasing metrics and for corporate reporting
- A minimum of 5 years of residential home builder and/or custom home purchasing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business Administration and/or related industry construction purchasing experience.
- Experienced with managing cost estimates, material selections, budgets, schedules, work proposals and contracts related to custom homes and/or production residential developments.
- Must have the skills and abilities to assess contractor capabilities, evaluation building products, material suppliers, review plans, perform takeoffs, value engineer, develop estimates, construction schedules and proposals on a regional basis.
- Experience negotiating custom home contracts
- Experience purchasing for high-volume home builders
- Solid knowledge of residential building plans and materials from foundation to finish
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with the Google Suite preferred
Who you are:
- Forward thinker with the desire to innovate and explore new methods
- Get sh*t done attitude, tenacious and willing to do whatever it takes
- Emotionally intelligent
- Flexible, and excited to work on whatever will drive biggest immediate results against what the company currently needs
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
- Willing to tackle the big and the small
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.