Front-End Engineer (Pre-Launch Startup)
Remote - US /
Atomic is a venture fund that founds companies. Founded in 2012, we believe that disruptive innovation is most successfully achieved by pairing innovative ideas with business discipline, and that building those ideas into businesses is not something that can be outsourced. We are engineers and entrepreneurs who build and operate the next generation of great companies.
We are seeking a Front-End Engineer for one of our pre-launch Startups in the education space.
About the Role
We are looking for hungry and talented front-end engineers to build a great educational product for families with school aged children. You will be a founding member of the team shipping the first version of our product and will have a big influence on our front-end experience as you build out the front-end interfaces of our product. Are you passionate about making significant contributions to a product and growing your skills as an engineer in multiple areas? If so, you’ll love our team!
You're a good fit if you are:
- Looking for the opportunity to have a big impact at an early company
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Passionate about web development
- Love to build things
What You'll Do:
- Grow your skills in building beautiful interactive interfaces
- Have a big impact and influence many areas including design and product
- Collaborate with top-notch people passionate about building great products
- Ship a meaningful product that delights parents and their school aged children, solving an emotional and rewarding problem for our customers
What You'll Bring:
- Very experienced with React or Vue
- Outstanding object oriented design, development and coding skills
- Experience building well-performing, pixel-perfect user experiences across desktop and mobile
- Comfortable working with third-party dependencies and debugging conflicts
- Experience creating reusable, themeable components
- Degree in Computer Science, interactive design or relevant bootcamp experience
- Experience creating applications that incorporate chat and messaging
- Passionate about creating products for children and families
- Experience working in CI/CD workflows
- Test-driven development
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Atomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Atomic considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of Colorado.