Sr. Product Manager
Santa Monica, CA
Atom is a mobile first, social ticketing platform that has re-imagined the movie experience from the ground up. We’ve simplified everything from when you decide you want to see a movie to when the lights go down and the previews start. We’re a team of bright, driven, and experienced developers, product designers, and movie lovers and we use data to improve the way our products work and theaters operate. We’re backed by influential movie studios including Disney and Lionsgate, and we’re bringing innovative industry-first features to market. Sound like fun? Come join our team!
As Sr. Product Manager for Atom, you’ll be responsible for our customer or theater-facing experiences, including existing products such as our Android and iOS apps, plus new products we have yet to bring to market. You’ll report to the business line’s PM leader and are the primary business owner responsible for the strategy, vision and roadmap of your product, including the definition, design (working with our talented UX team), launch, and resulting adoption. Plus, since we’re a startup, be ready to roll up your sleeves and wear multiple hats. You’ll work closely with engineering, operations, marketing, and business development to meet your goals.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Lead the development of the product strategy for one of Atom’s business lines
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and, when applicable, with theater and studio partners
- Oversee the definition and management of high quality, product roadmaps balancing customer needs, technical debt, and partner requests
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Work closely with engineering team, design, marketing, and program management to deliver products to market.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair our ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Write thorough and high quality product requirements maintaining a sense of business benefit and development cost.
- Work closely with our UX team to ensure design deliverables meet business and customer needs.
You Must Have:
- Concrete experience managing complex software products through multiple product lifecycles
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience evaluating decisions from a customer-first perspective.
- The ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- BA/BS ideally in a economics, engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of work experience in consumer electronics / software / wireless / mobile software product management.
We'd Like to Have:
- MBA/Master’s Degree
- Experience working with movie studios or exhibition chains is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in startup environment
- Passion for technology and movies