Staff Accountant (Accounts Payable)
Santa Monica, CA
Atom Tickets is changing the way people go to the movies. The Atom Tickets mobile first, social ticketing platform re-imagines the movie experience from the ground up. We have simplified it all and enhanced your experience with industry first social purchasing and concession pre-orders. Our website and app have you covered from when you decide to see a movie to when the lights go down and the previews start.
Interested? Come join our team of bright, driven and experienced developers, product designers and movie lovers at Atom Tickets, a company backed by influential movie studios, including Disney, Fox, and Lionsgate.
Atom Tickets is hiring an experienced Accounts Payable Staff Accountant to join our Finance Team. The role is based in our Santa Monica headquarters and will report to the Controller.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Process weekly check run – get payment approvals, code invoices and submit ACH payments
- Enter invoices into accounting system
- Process employee expense reports and submit for payment
- Prepare month-end schedules
- Set up new vendors
- Maintain W-9 and payment instruction files
- Research payment inquiries and communicate with vendors/payees
- Prepare month end accruals and reconcile accrual accounts
- Assist with annual audit schedules and requests
- Work on ad hoc projects as needed
We'd Like You to Have:
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Associate or Bachelor degree in accounting preferred
- General ledger experience - reconciliations and journal entries
- Understanding of month-end close process
- Experience working with Quickbooks and/or ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience preparing audit schedules
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Drive to work hard, model our Core Values and have fun with our team
At the intersection of technology and entertainment, Atom’s team of dreamers and doers are dedicated to changing the way people go to the movies. Why movies? Because they have the power to bring us together and connect us through shared experiences. We’re driving innovation, accomplishing the unthinkable and we need passionate talent like you to join our team.
Atom Tickets is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring decisions, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law - not only because it is the law, but also because we believe an inclusive and diverse workplace drives innovation.