Sr. Product Designer
Santa Monica, CA
Atom is a mobile first, social ticketing platform that has re-imagined the movie experience from the ground up. We’ve simplified everything from when you decide you want to see a movie to when the lights go down and the previews start. We’re a team of bright, driven, and experienced developers, product designers, and movie lovers and we use data to improve the way our products work and theaters operate. We’re backed by influential movie studios including Disney and Lionsgate, and we’re bringing innovative industry-first features to market. Sound like fun? Come join our team!
As Sr. Product Designer, you’ll define and design interfaces for Atom’s consumer products. You’ll be responsible for developing best-in-class experiences (user interface designs, conversation flows, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, startup environment. You will work closely with product management, engineering and the product design team to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You are a pragmatic designer who can translate business needs into an effortless and intuitive customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables.
Here's what you'll do:
- Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, clickstream data, A/B data, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and usability findings
- Work closely with the business team to develop use cases and high-level requirements
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flows for browser-based and device specific screen sizes
- Quickly create through process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Present design work to the design team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
Here's what you should have:
- An online or digital portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving across platforms.
- Proven experience designing UX experiences on public facing products that touch the lives of thousands (or millions) of customers.
- 5+ years of experience as user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role for mobile and web.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Experience creating prototypes and highly detailed wireframes for complex user flows on web and mobile.
- Experience working in a tight design cycle and collaborating with the product and engineering teams for design implementation.
- Experience creating services and applications with multiple user touchpoints on different platforms and devices. This includes mobile, web, devices, and voice.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to drive complex design issues across large organizations and across disciplines.
- Solid experience guiding or managing user research and usability testing