Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Santa Monica, CA
The success of the Atom Tickets platform is based equally on its strong engineering as well as excellent infrastructure fundamentals.
The Infrastructure team is a small, agile team responsible for the foundation of the Atom Tickets platform. We support the broader Atom engineering team in building, deploying, and maintaining stable and highly available applications. We are cloud-native on AWS and use technologies like CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Python, Scala and more to manage much of it. We connect our internal systems to thousands of remote servers across North America in coordination with our external partners. We work across the entire Atom Tickets tech stack, from applications to tooling to metrics to networking, so it's a great role to learn and broaden your technical skills. We also work directly with stakeholders across the business to help deliver important and impactful projects.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who combines excellent technical, analytical and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to apply the right tools to deliver quick, effective and efficient results. This person must be comfortable working with a team of exceptionally strong developers and collaborating with our product, operations and customer service teams, including external partners. We seek people who innovate and love solving difficult problems!
This position requires someone that can operate independently in an ambiguous environment. The ideal person will have a technical background in multiple engineering disciplines with focus on DevOps, System Administration, Networking, Security, designing and maintaining highly scalable systems.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience building complex systems, hardware/software integration, networking, and automation
- Proficiency with at least one general-purpose programming language (ex. Python, Ruby, Go, Java, C#)
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across departments
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud products
- Experience with system virtualization and remote management (Chef, Puppet, Docker)
- Experience with continuous integration and end-to-end development cycle solutions
- Experience in maintaining, scaling and replicating large data repositories (SQL and NoSQL)
- Strong security and system vulnerability acumen
- Global networking experience, multi-region, geo-routing