Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Santa Monica, CA
At the intersection of technology and entertainment, Atom’s team of dreamers and doers are dedicated to changing the way people go to the movies. Why movies? Because they have the power to bring us together and connect us through shared experiences. We’re driving innovation, accomplishing the unthinkable and we need passionate talent like you to join our team.
If you describe yourself as someone that geeks out about data analytics to drive business insights, this is the job for you! As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you’ll be responsible for making sense of large data sets with statistical models, data visualization and much more. You will hunt for and find the insight that 10x’s our business in some aspect that the rest of us simply aren’t equipped to see. You will work with virtually every functional organization at Atom, including product, engineering, marketing, business development and operations – which means you’ll have access to a slew of very different challenges, problems to solve and data sets to conquer. This role is based in Santa Monica and reports to the Director of Data Analytics.
We believe that accomplishing something great requires a special group of people who work hard, drive results and have a blast while doing it—people who challenge the status quo and embody our values. People who say, “I’ll find a way” instead of saying, “it can’t be done.”
This role is dynamic and ever-changing with plenty of room to grow your career. Here’s what you’ll do (position duties):
· Responsible for making sense of large data sets with statistical models and data visualization
· Regularly communicate with leadership any updates, complications, or modifications that will materially impact the business with respect to user engagement, growth, retention, or monetization
· Develop data models for forecasting and prediction of customer behavior using machine learning techniques.
· Support development and maintenance of a Comprehensive Dashboard to track and measure Key Project indicators and use them to provide actionable insights to drive business growth
· Analyze data related to our Ad and Marketing Dashboard using Looker/KNIME and Amazon Redshift data to allow the business to understand the important advertisement metrics for various platforms
· On a weekly and monthly basis, compile and analyze a business review which provides an overview of client data, ticket sales, and other proprietary indicators for Atom Leadership to give insights review on the business on a weekly basis
· Make Dataset and insights generally accessible to internal and External customers
· Provide recommendations based on data analysis regarding Atom Ticket’s user experience, ad targeting, and new business line considerations
· Train and mentor internal employees to evangelize self-serve analytics
· Help leadership with regular health of business reviews and Adhoc information data requests
We would like you to have unique experiences – ones that we believe will help you be most successful (position requirements):
· Master's degree or higher in information management or computer science required
· 60 months minimum experience in business intelligence related position
· Relevant experience with programming technologies that our products utilize including Looker, KNIME, SAS, New Relic, Amazon Redshift, Regression Analysis, third party Application Programming Interface (API); understand variety of third-party APIs; Advanced Expertise in MS Excel and SQL(Redshift)
· Experience with business intelligence software and big data analytics platforms that helps you explore, analyze and share real-time business analytics easily
· Experience with statistical modeling in order to utilize regression analysis to determine advanced ticket sales
· Experience with statistical packages/programming environments
· Experience querying structured and non-structured data sets at scale using SQL/Hive/Redshift
· Experience in visualizing large and complex data sets and ability to mine data to drive both strategic and tactical decisions
· Great communications skills - Both verbal and written
Annual Salary Range: $74,984.00
About Atom Tickets:
Atom is a mobile first, social ticketing platform that has re-imagined the movie experience from the ground up. We’ve simplified everything from when you decide you want to see a movie to when the lights go down and the previews start. We’re a team of bright, driven, and experienced developers, product designers, and movie lovers and we use data to improve the way our products work and theaters operate. We’re backed by influential movie studios including Disney, Fox, and Lionsgate, and we’re bringing innovative industry-first features to market such as dynamic pricing and pre-ordering concessions. Sound like fun? Come join our team!
Atom Tickets is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring decisions, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law - not only because it is the law, but also because we believe an inclusive and diverse workplace drives innovation.