Sr. Software Development Engineer (Front-end)
Santa Monica, CA
At the intersection of technology and entertainment, Atom Tickets' team of dreamers and doers are dedicated to changing the way people go to the movies. Why movies? Because they have the power to bring us together and connect us through shared experiences. We’re driving innovation, accomplishing the unthinkable, and we need passionate talent like you to join our team.
Atom Tickets is a social ticketing platform that has re-imagined the movie experience from the ground up. We’ve simplified everything from when you decide you want to see a movie to when the lights go down and the previews start. We’re a team of bright, driven, and experienced developers, product designers, and movie lovers — we love using data to improve the way our products work and how theaters operate. We’re backed by influential movie studios including Disney, Fox, and Lionsgate, and we’re bringing innovative industry-first features to market such as pre-ordering concessions.
As an engineer at Atom Tickets, you will be working with a group of highly motivated software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. We build large-scale distributed software systems in Scala, Java, Python and other languages. You will work with virtually all of the functional organizations across the company — including Product, Marketing and Operations. We believe that accomplishing something great requires a special group of people who work hard, drive results and have a blast while doing it — people who challenge the status quo and embody our values. People who say, “I’ll find a way” instead of saying, “it can’t be done.”
Sound interesting? Come and join us!
Here's what you'll do
- Responsible for design, code, configuration, QA and implementation of high quality software solutions that are delivered on time
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving business and market needs
- Drive and work on architecture design, then execute and deliver results
- Design, build, and continually improve our front-end code base
You should have
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
- BS degree ideally in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of work experience building software across the entire development cycle
We'd like you to have
- Familiarity with cloud and web services technologies that are backed by AWS services
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in startup environment
- Passion for technology, learning and movies
About Atom Tickets
Atom Tickets changes the way people go to the movies with its revolutionary social movie ticketing app and website. Over 20,000 screens across the U.S. (AMC Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, Showcase Cinemas, etc) use Atom Tickets. The app's socially driven interface allows movie lovers to search for films instantly, invite friends, and buy concessions. Voted 2019 Best Small Companies to Work For in Los Angeles by Built in LA.