Data & Business Analyst
Santa Monica, CA
Atom is a mobile first, social ticketing platform that has re-imagined the movie experience from the ground up. We’ve simplified everything from when you decide you want to see a movie to when the lights go down and the previews start. We’re a team of bright, driven, and experienced movie lovers and we use data to improve the way our products work and theaters operate. We’re backed by influential movie studios including Disney and Lionsgate, and we’re bringing innovative industry-first features to market. Sound like fun? Come join our team!
As Senior Business Analyst, you’ll report to Atom Tickets Chief Product Officer and be responsible for making sense of large data sets with statistical models, data visualization and more. You will find the insight that 10x’s our business in some aspect that the rest of us simply aren’t equipped to see. You will work with virtually every functional organization at Atom, including product, engineering, marketing, business development and operations – which means you’ll have access to a slew of very different challenges and data sets to conquer.
You Must Have/You Will...
- Mine data to drive both strategic and tactical decisions
- Make datasets and insights accessible to internal and external customers alike
- Tell leadership what they don’t know that they should know since it’ll materially impact the business – whether with user engagement, growth, retention, or monetization
- You will blend intuition around human behavior with cold hard data to drive suggestions around our user experience, ad targeting, new business line considerations, and more
- You will be exposed to and play an instrumental part in all facets of the business, including: helping corp dev & finance with forecasting; helping marketing with modeling/forecasting ROI & customer LTV; assisting product management on extracting user behavior patterns; and helping leadership with regular "health of business" reviews (including ETL and interpretation)
- Bachelors in computer science, statistics, engineering, operations research, economics, applied math or another quantitative discipline, or relevant work experience
You Should Have
- 5+ years hands on work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations
- Some variant of SQL -- there will be tests!
- Experience visualizing large and complex datasets in a commercial/business environment (Looker, Tableau, Microstrategy )
- Great communication skills – both verbally and written
- The ability to transform complicated problems into simpler, tractable ones