Sr. Software Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
At the intersection of technology and entertainment, Atom’s team of dreamers and doers are dedicated to changing the way people go to the movies. Why movies? Because they have the power to bring us together and connect us through shared experiences. We’re driving innovation, accomplishing the unthinkable and we need passionate talent like you to join our team.
As a senior member of Atom Engineering, you will be working with a group of highly motivated technologists who thrive on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. You will play critical role in the design and delivery of critical high-volume solutions subjected to erratic and morphing seasonal traffic. You will lead implementations of large-scale, minimal down-time, distributed software systems in Scala/Play, Python and other languages. You will work with virtually all of the functional organizations across Atom - including Product, Marketing and Operations.
We believe that accomplishing something great requires a special group of people who work hard, drive results and have a blast while doing it—people who challenge the status quo and embody our values. People who say, “I’ll find a way” instead of saying, “it can’t be done.”
This role is dynamic and ever-changing with plenty of room to grow your career. Here’s what you’ll do (position duties):
- Architect, implement and maintain top quality software solutions, delivered on time and subjected to high volume of irregular and spiky traffic
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving business and market needs
- Drive advanced algorithms and architecture design, execute and deliver technology innovation
- Continually improve our services and technology stack
We would like you to have unique experiences – ones that we believe will help you be most successful (position requirements):
- Exceptional Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, complexity analysis, machine learning and adaptive algorithms
- Proven experience with large-scale, big-data systems, bulk data analysis and pattern recognition
- Strong proficiency in Scala/Play, Java, Python, SQL and ETL
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment where continuous innovation is the norm
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary, despite challenges and obstacles
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of work experience building software across the entire development cycle
- Familiarity with cloud and web services technologies that are backed by AWS services
- Played part in delivering big-data or high-volume production systems
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in startup environment
- Passion for technology, learning and movies
About Atom Tickets:
Atom is a mobile first, social ticketing platform that has re-imagined the movie experience from the ground up. We’ve simplified everything from when you decide you want to see a movie to when the lights go down and the previews start. We’re a team of bright, driven, and experienced developers, product designers, and movie lovers and we use data to improve the way our products work and theaters operate. We’re backed by influential movie studios including Disney, Fox, and Lionsgate, and we’re bringing innovative industry-first features to market such as dynamic pricing and pre-ordering concessions. Sound like fun? Come join our team!
Atom Tickets is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring decisions, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law - not only because it is the law, but also because we believe an inclusive and diverse workplace drives innovation.