Santa Monica, CA
At the intersection of technology and entertainment, Atom’s team of dreamers and doers are dedicated to changing the way people go to the movies. Why movies? Because they have the power to bring us together and connect us through shared experiences. We’re driving innovation, accomplishing the unthinkable and we need passionate talent like you to join our team.
As a Fraud Analyst, you’ll act as the lead person to evaluate accounts for fraudulent activity, identify new fraud patterns and recommend methods to address them. To be successful in this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Support, Product Management, and Finance on a daily basis providing a unique career opportunity to gain exposure to all facets of our growing business. This is a great career step for an analytical leader who wants to actively shape fraud strategy within a fast-growing company. This role is a key part of the Platform Product Management team and is based in Santa Monica.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Lead and run chargeback investigation and responses including placing holds/releases/terminating accounts and investigating any potential losses as appropriate.
- Perform day to day fraud investigation and risk activities including gathering, organizing and analyzing physical and digital evidence and evaluate risk exposure.
- Identify trends or issues through daily, monthly and quarterly sales and chargeback volume monitoring.
- Review member accounts for unexpected increases in volume or spending habits.
- Partner with technical teams to evaluate or develop tools and infrastructure to enhance the ability to detect fraudulent activity proactively.
- Actively support a culture of process improvement by championing and implementing ideas that drive organizational success.
We would like you to have unique experiences – ones that we believe will help you be most successful:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in e-commerce fraud and payments environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a similar quantitative field.
- Experience analyzing data and using database query languages (SQL).
- Strong understanding of fraud, chargebacks, reason codes and other payment-related procedures.
- Proven skill managing large datasets in with Excel, Google Sheets, Looker, etc. (Intermediate to Advanced).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate highly complex fraud scenarios that can be easily understood by internal and external business partners.
- Working knowledge of Customer Service responsibilities and values the customer experience.
- Desired working knowledge of Sift’s fraud prevention platform (or similar fraud prevention platform).
- Self-starter, requires little to no supervision and comfortable taking initiative while quickly grasping concepts, processes and ideas.
- Passion to excel in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Curiosity to learn about fraud investigation tactics and next-practices to innovate on behalf of our customers.
- Ability to live and model our company Core Values.
- Collaborative communication style to work hard and have fun with our team.
About Atom Tickets:
Atom is a mobile first, social ticketing platform that has re-imagined the movie experience from the ground up. We’ve simplified everything from when you decide you want to see a movie to when the lights go down and the previews start. We’re a team of bright, driven, and experienced developers, product designers, and movie lovers and we use data to improve the way our products work and theaters operate. We’re backed by influential movie studios including Disney, Fox, and Lionsgate, and we’re bringing innovative industry-first features to market such as social purchasing and pre-ordering concessions. Sound like fun? Come join our team!