Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Atrium LTS – Engineering
Atrium LTS is building the backbone for the most innovative new law firms that are providing legal services to Silicon Valley’s top startups. We’re building products and services to help automate legal workflows, innovate new processes within law firms, and help firms identify and attract new clients.
Our technology provides a better experience for legal clients than they previously thought possible, increasing communication and speed of service. We collaborate with forward-thinking lawyers to help determine the direction and decisions for these products.
First Principles that define the Engineering A-Team:
- Product-minded - We work closely with our users (lawyers & clients) to understand their needs, so we can develop tools to make their jobs and lives easier.
- Ownership & Delivery - We work in small cross-functional teams, making a large impact on the products we create from idea to launch.
- Iterate quickly - We have a bias to build MVPs and collect direct feedback from the users of our software for faster iteration.
As a Senior Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to build tools that our lawyers and their clients will use on a daily basis. To do this, you will own a project working alongside lawyers, our PM and Designer, and CTO.
Your work will be highly impactful by helping to automate thousands of hours of legal work. Tools and new features may be implemented in a matter of a day, and fast iteration is ideal to make the tools more useful and efficient. We are using modern techniques such as machine learning to work with documents and emails to help classify, extract from and summarize intelligently. We are a fast-growing company with leadership opportunities available to you as the team continues to expand.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with our cross-functional team including lawyers to define features and build powerful and easy to use products, including internal and client-facing workflow tools
- Write clean and scalable APIs and the backend that our products depend on
- Integrate with existing legal technology products that we and others have developed
- Help develop effective processes for ensuring our products have quality code and minimal defects
- Collaborate with other top engineers and mentor those with less experience
What you need to be successful:
- 6+ years developing and launching web apps into a production environment - Ruby on Rails experience required; Python and Node a plus
- 6+ years of experience with SQL databases (we use Postgres); experience with key/value stores and NoSQL a plus (we use Redis, MongoDB, Firebase)
- Strong proficiency building services on Heroku and/or AWS; Docker knowledge advantageous
- Prior experience designing and building APIs
- Enthusiasm for developing usable customer-facing workflow tools (previously work in legaltech or a regulated industry is interesting)
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
- Team leadership, ability to manage a project end-to-end, and mentor junior devs
What you’ll get from Atrium:
- Top-tier mentorship from experienced founders
- The unique opportunity to join an early stage company disrupting a traditional industry. We're not just another legal tech company, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- A meaningful stake in an early stage, rapidly growing company
- Catered lunch every day and an endless supply of La Croix
- Favorable San Francisco office location