Lead Full Stack Engineer
Atrium LTS – Engineering
Atrium is helping passionate entrepreneurs build break-though companies by providing them with great legal service and valuable insights from the data that is locked away in their corporate legal documents. We're doing this by building the first structured data platform for organizational data. We use modern techniques for extracting the data, modeling how best to store this information, and inventing new ways for lawyers and paralegals to interact with the resulting structured data to help advise clients.
Atrium LTS ("Legal Technology Services") technology provides a better experience for legal clients than they previously thought possible, increasing communication and speed of service.
Values of the Engineering A-Team:
- Product-minded - We work closely with our users (lawyers & clients) to understand their needs, so we can develop tools to make their jobs and lives easier.
- Ownership & Delivery - We work in small cross-functional teams, making a large impact on the products we create from idea to launch.
- Iterate quickly - We have a bias to build MVPs and collect direct feedback from the users of our software for faster iteration.
As a Senior Engineer / Tech Lead, you will have a unique opportunity to understand the problems of and build tools that our lawyers and their clients will use on a daily basis. To do this, you will work with product managers, lawyers, other engineers, and our CTO and CEO.
Your work will be highly impactful in helping our start-up clients make actionable decisions to be more successful. Tools and new features may be implemented in a matter of a day, and fast iteration is ideal to make the tools more useful and efficient. We are a fast-growing company with leadership opportunities available to you as the team continues to expand.
What you’ll get to do:
- Write clean and scalable APIs and the backend that our products depend on
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team including lawyers to define features and build powerful and easy-to-use products and customer-facing workflow tools
- Integrate with existing legal technology products that we and others have developed
- Help develop effective processes for ensuring our products have quality code and minimal defects
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other engineering team members
What you need to be successful:
- 6+ years of experience with SQL databases (we use Postgres) and other data stores like Redis
- Strong proficiency building services on Heroku or AWS; Docker knowledge a plus
- Prior experience designing and building APIs
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
- Strong ability to effectively identify and solve challenging problems
- Technical leadership, ability to manage a project end-to-end, and mentor junior devs
- Other key attributes: resourceful, results-driven, and committed to quality
What you’ll get from Atrium:
- The unique opportunity to join one of the hottest SF startups to watch in 2018. We're not just another legal tech company disrupting a traditional industry, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- Top-tier mentorship from experienced founders, including Justin Kan
- Competitive compensation and sweet perks like catered lunch daily, Bevi machine, endless coffee, and snacks
- San Francisco office across from 4th & King CalTrain with large private patio and views of downtown