Senior Software Engineer - Back End
Atrium LTS – Engineering
Atrium is the most data-driven platform providing legal services and applications to fast-growing companies. Atrium has helped hundreds of companies with everything from drafting and reviewing commercial contracts to raising over $500M in new capital. We're based in San Francisco and funded by top Silicon Valley investors including General Catalyst, SV Angel, Greylock, Y Combinator, and more. Atrium aims to disrupt Big Law and the $160 billion corporate legal services market.
Values of the Engineering A-Team:
- Product-minded - We work closely with our users (lawyers & clients) to understand their needs, so we can develop tools to make their jobs and lives easier.
- Ownership & Delivery - We work in small cross-functional teams, making a large impact on the products we create from idea to launch.
- Iterate quickly - We have a bias to build MVPs and collect direct feedback from the users of our software for faster iteration.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Atrium, you will have a rare opportunity to be a technical lead on a team working to build a data platform that serves as the foundation for a suite of innovative legal tools and services used by lawyers, companies, and internal teams consisting of full stack and machine learning engineers. Your work will be the bridge between the product and machine learning teams, providing the skeleton of our data platform.
We are using cutting-edge technology to classify, extract text from, and intelligently summarize exclusive legal documents and emails. We are a fast-growing company with leadership opportunities available to you as the team continues to expand.
What would you get to do?
- Play a lead role working on the backend services and infrastructure that powers Atrium
- Build platforms, services, and APIs that are used by other Atrium products
- Work closely with Machine Learning Engineers, ensure that high-quality trainable data is collected efficiently and comprehensively
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team including product managers and full-stack product engineers to understand their needs
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other engineering team members
What does success look like in this role?
- 6+ years of experience architecting and creating large-scale data infrastructures
- 6+ years of experience with SQL databases - We use Postgres - and data manipulation
- Strong programming skills in languages like Python, Java/Scala, and SQL.
- Understanding of modern software engineering practices in areas like CI/CD, test automation, microservices, distributed systems, and data management
- Strong proficiency building services on Heroku, AWS or GCP; Docker knowledge a plus
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
- Strong ability to effectively identify and tackle meaningful problems
- Technical vision, ability to understand abstract problems and architect systems that help solve them
- Technical leadership, ability to lead a project end-to-end, and mentor other engineers
What would you get from Atrium?
- The rare opportunity to be an early engineer at one of the hottest SF startups to watch in 2018. We're not just another legal tech company disrupting a traditional industry, as both a tech start up and a law firm, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- Competitive compensation and sweet perks like catered lunch daily, Bevi machine, endless coffee, and snacks
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401k plan, etc.
- San Francisco office across from 4th & King CalTrain with a large private patio and views of downtown
- Excellent mentorship from serial founders and industry veterans, including Justin Kan
Atrium is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.