Senior Software Engineer - Back End
Atrium LTS – Engineering
Atrium is a data-driven law firm designed to make access to corporate legal services transparent and price-predictable for everyone. We're doing this by building the first structured data platform for organizational data. We use modern techniques for extracting data that is locked away in legal documents, modeling how best to store this information, and inventing new ways for lawyers and paralegals to interact with the resulting structured data to help advise clients.
Atrium LTS ("Legal Technology Services") technology provides a better experience for legal clients than they previously thought possible, increasing communication and speed of service.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Back End, you will have a unique opportunity to be a technical lead on a team working to build a data platform that serves as the foundation for a suite of innovative legal tools and services used by lawyers, companies, and internal teams consisting of full stack and machine learning engineers. Your work will be the bridge between the product and machine learning teams, providing the skeleton of our data platform. We are using cutting-edge technology to classify, extract text from, and intelligently summarize exclusive legal documents and emails. We are a fast-growing company with leadership opportunities available to you as the team continues to expand.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Play a lead role working on the backend services and infrastructure that powers Atrium
- Build platforms, services, and APIs that are used by other Atrium products
- Work closely with Machine Learning Engineers, ensure that high-quality trainable data is collected efficiently and comprehensively.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team including product managers and full-stack product engineers to understand their needs
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other engineering team members
What You Need to be Successful:
- 6+ years of experience architecting and creating large-scale data infrastructures
- 6+ years of experience with SQL databases (we use Postgres) and data manipulation
- Strong programming skills in languages like Python, Java/Scala, and SQL.
- Understanding of modern software engineering practices in areas like CI/CD, test automation, microservices, distributed systems, and data management
- Strong proficiency building services on Heroku, AWS or GCP; Docker knowledge a plus
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
- Strong ability to effectively identify and solve challenging problems
- Technical vision, ability to understand abstract problems and architect systems that help solve them
- Technical leadership, ability to manage a project end-to-end, and mentor other engineers
What You'll Get From Atrium:
- The unique opportunity to join one of the hottest SF startups to watch in 2018. We're not just another legal tech company disrupting a traditional industry, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- Top-tier mentorship from experienced founders, including Justin Kan
- Competitive compensation and sweet perks like catered lunch daily, Bevi machine, endless coffee, and snacks
- San Francisco office across from 4th & King CalTrain with large private patio and views of downtown