Senior Software Engineer - Back End
Atrium LTS – Engineering
Atrium is the most data-centric platform providing legal services and applications to fast-growing companies. We’re an integrated team of engineers, product managers, designers, attorneys, and paralegals working to dramatically improve legal services for high-growth companies.
Our initial focuses are on products that help startups from the start to finish of venture financings and assist with their repeatable corporate legal needs. With these products, Atrium’s 250+ clients have raised over $500M in venture capital. Atrium is building tools to vastly improve the efficiency with which legal work is done, through a web-based interface, that will result in completing legal work significantly faster, with fewer errors, and in a more data-driven way than traditional law firms.
We’re based in San Francisco and have $75.5M in funding from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Y Combinator, SV Angel, Greylock, and more. Atrium aims to disrupt Big Law and the $160 billion corporate legal services market.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Atrium, you will have the opportunity to be a technical leader on a team working to build a data platform that serves as the foundation for a suite of innovative legal tools and services used by lawyers, companies, and internal teams. Your work will be the bridge between the product and machine learning teams, providing the backbone of our data platform that uses state of the art technology to classify, extract text from, and intelligently summarize exclusive legal documents.
What will you be doing?
- Play a lead role working on the backend services and infrastructure that powers Atrium
- Build platforms, services, and APIs that are used by other Atrium products
- Work closely with Machine Learning Engineers, ensuring that high-quality trainable data is collected efficiently and comprehensively
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team including product managers and full-stack product engineers to understand their needs
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other engineering team members
What does success look like in this role?
- 6+ years of experience architecting and crafting large-scale data infrastructures
- 6+ years of experience with SQL databases (we use Postgres) and data manipulation
- Strong programming skills in languages like Python or Ruby.
- Understanding of modern software engineering practices in areas like CI/CD, test automation, microservices, distributed systems, and data management
- Strong proficiency building services on AWS. Docker knowledge is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
- Ability to effectively identify and tackle meaningful problems
- Technical vision, ability to understand abstract problems and architect systems that help solve them
- Technical leadership, including the ability to lead a project end-to-end and mentor other engineers
What will you get from Atrium?
- The rare opportunity to join one of the hottest SF startups with $65M in new funding. We're not just another legal tech company disrupting a traditional industry, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- Competitive compensation and sweet perks like catered lunch daily, Bevi machine, endless coffee, and snacks
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401k plan, etc.
- San Francisco office across from 4th & King CalTrain with a large private patio and views of downtown
- Excellent mentorship from serial founders and industry veterans, including Justin Kan
Atrium is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.