Senior Full-Stack Engineer (Vancouver, Canada)
Atrium LTS – Engineering
We are seeking local talent in Vancouver. Qualified candidates must be eligible to work as a full-time employee in Canada without needing sponsorship.
Atrium is reinventing the way legal services are delivered by combining modern technology and operational efficiency to deliver fast, transparent, and price predictable services to high-growth companies. Atrium aims to disrupt the $158B corporate legal services market. We’re based in San Francisco and have $75.5M in funding from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Y Combinator, Greylock, First Round Capital, and more.
Atrium’s platform promotes collaboration between clients and their attorney to seamlessly manage corporate records, draft key documents, and track projects in one place, resulting in a vastly superior experience that enables our clients to focus on growing their business. Atrium has helped ~400 companies with everything from corporate governance and drafting commercial contracts to raising over $1B in venture capital. We are a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, product managers, operations and legal experts building products and tools that are changing the future of the legal industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Atrium, you will have the opportunity to be a technical leader on a team working to build a data platform that serves as the foundation for a suite of innovative legal tools and services used by lawyers, companies, and internal teams. Your work will be the bridge between users, providing the backbone of our platform that uses cutting-edge technology to manage legal work.
What will you be doing?
- Write clean and scalable APIs and the backend that our products depend on
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team including lawyers to define features and build powerful and easy-to-use products and customer-facing workflow tools
- Integrate with existing legal technology products
- Help develop effective processes for ensuring our products have high quality code and minimal defects
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other engineering team members
What does success look like in this role?
- 6+ years of experience with SQL databases (we use Postgres) and other data stores like Redis
- Strong proficiency building services on AWS (Docker knowledge is a plus)
- Prior experience designing and building APIs
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
- Strong ability to effectively identify and pursue challenging problems
- Technical leadership, ability to lead a project end-to-end, and mentor junior devs
What you'll get from Atrium?
- The rare opportunity to join one of the hottest SF startups with $65M in new funding. We're not just a legal tech company disrupting an archaic industry, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- Top-tier mentorship from experienced founders, including Justin Kan (Twitch founder)
- A cross-functional, collaborative and growth-oriented environment where your input is highly valued
- Competitive compensation with equity, top-tier health and commuter benefits, 401k, pet insurance, and paid vacation and sick time-off; plus sweet perks like catered lunch daily, cell phone reimbursement, professional development stipend, etc.
- San Francisco office across from 4th & King CalTrain with large private patio and views of downtown
Atrium is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates and develops individuals of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.