Software Engineer (mid-level)
Atrium LTS – Engineering
Atrium LTS is building the backbone for the most innovative new law firms that are providing legal services to Silicon Valley’s top startups. We’re building products and services to help automate legal workflows, innovate new processes within law firms, and help firms identify and attract new clients.
Our technology provides a better experience for legal clients than they previously thought possible, increasing communication and speed of service. We collaborate with forward-thinking lawyers to help determine the direction and decisions for these products.
First Principles that define the Engineering A-Team:
- Product-minded - We work closely with our users (lawyers & clients) to understand their needs, so we can develop tools to make their jobs and lives easier.
- Ownership & Delivery - We work in small cross-functional teams, making a large impact on the products we create from idea to launch.
- Iterate quickly - We have a bias to build MVPs and collect direct feedback from the users of our software for faster iteration.
As a junior to mid-level engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to build tools and contribute to products that our lawyers and their clients will use on a daily basis. To do this, you will work alongside lawyers, experienced engineers, our PM, Designer, and CTO.
Your work will be highly impactful by helping to automate thousands of hours of legal work. Small tools and new features may be implemented in a matter of a day, and fast iteration is ideal to make the tools more useful and efficient. We are using modern techniques such as deep learning to work with documents and emails to help classify, extract from and summarize intelligently. We are a fast-growing company with significant opportunities to improve on and develop new skills across the company, tech stack, and from senior engineers.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with our cross-functional team that includes lawyers, to define features and build powerful and easy-to-use products, including internal and client-facing workflow tools
- Build and use internal services and APIs that our products depend on
- Integrate with existing legal technology products that we and others have developed
- Collaborate with other top engineers and get mentorship from those with more experience
What you need to be successful:
- 2+ years work experience developing workflow tools, customer-facing dashboards, or web applications in a dynamic language - Ruby, Python or Node - or a CS degree with at least 2 qualifying internships
- Experience with SQL databases (we use Postgres) plus some familiarity with NoSQL like Redis, MongoDB or Firebase
- You’ve worked in production environments and have a solid understanding of web fundamentals like HTTP, HTML, CSS, caching, DNS
- Prior experience consuming APIs; bonus if you’ve built your own
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with small service-oriented teams to solve problems and move quickly
What you’ll get from Atrium:
- Top-tier mentorship from experienced founders
- The unique opportunity to join an early stage company disrupting a traditional industry. We're not just another legal tech company, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- A meaningful stake in an early stage, rapidly growing company
- Catered lunch every day and an endless supply of La Croix
- Favorable San Francisco office location