Product Marketing Manager
AtScale bridges the gap between business users and their data.
The average enterprise sits on a mountain of data that business users could use to drive better performance. Unfortunately, most enterprises are not equipped to gain value out of their data: according to Forrester, close to 75% of the data stored within an enterprise goes unused. Enterprises need ways to deliver data to business users with simplicity, speed and security.
Back in 2009 at Yahoo!, AtScale’s founding team experienced this first hand, and witnessed the power and potential of Hadoop. However, we struggled to make the data in Hadoop accessible to the business users who needed it. Tired of moving data into expensive, legacy databases, the AtScale team decided to build what they could not buy.
Product Marketing Manager
This position includes the creation of partner and product marketing content designed to act as strategic resources for AtScale field, partners and community.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and a do-er who enjoys driving projects to completion in a highly collaborative environment.
Success for this position is measured by the value of the content created for customers and partners, as well as how well they contribute to demand in revenue generation. Understanding of community building and the delivery of educational content a plus.
- Work with AtScale partners and field sales to evangelize and promote AtScale as a leading BI-on-Hadoop solution
- Create whitepapers, one-pagers and solution briefings that highlight the company’s customer stories to external audiences in person and online.
- Represent the company at customer briefings, partner meetings and industry events
- Execute, measure and refine go-to-market strategies including messaging, training, sales enablement and product/feature launches
- Create content for marketing field events, demand generation events, direct marketing offers, advertising and website content.
- Hands-on content creation including sales readiness content, powerpoint presentations and blogs.
- Drive marketing initiatives for awareness, demand generation and sales enablement.
- BS or higher in Computer Sciences and Marketing or related field
- 5+ years total experience marketing within an enterprise software organization
- Strong writing, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- High-energy, proactive, creative, team-oriented, analytical individual and leader with a passion for enterprise software businesses
- Speaks the language of Big Data experts and loves speaking with customers
- Experienced user of Salesforce.com, HubSpot, Google Adwords, Google Analytics
- Must be based in San Francisco Bay Area
- Must have experience with marketing Big Data and Analytics
Partner Marketing Manager (shares all above qualities plus)
Develop and Execute on ISV Marketing Plan: Understand how partners such as Tableau and Cloudera work so we can drive activities that results in leads from them and preference in their deals. This includes creating content related to the effects that AtScale has on these partners bottom-line as well as marketing material related to our "better-together" story.
Develop and Execute on SI Marketing Plan: Work closely with GSIs like Cognizant and NSI/LSI like Slalom or Neudesic to develop programs that result in offers delivered by these partners. This includes driving activities and creating the content required to make it easier for these partners to deliver on their offers.
Business Dev support: Drive sales and marketing campaigns that support sell-thru opportunities created with vendors like Microsoft, Hortonworks, Google and Amazon. This includes understanding these large vendors campaigns and delivering on content and activities that plug into their machines.