Sales Engineer - West
AtScale bridges the gap between business users and their data.
The average enterprise sits on a mountain of data that business users could use to drive better performance. Unfortunately, most enterprises are not equipped to gain value out of their data: according to Forrester, close to 75% of the data stored within an enterprise goes unused. Enterprises need ways to deliver data to business users with simplicity, speed and security.
Back in 2009 at Yahoo!, AtScale’s founding team experienced this first hand, and witnessed the power and potential of Hadoop. However, we struggled to make the data in Hadoop accessible to the business users who needed it. Tired of moving data into expensive, legacy databases, the AtScale team decided to build what they could not buy.
Sales Engineer - West
AtScale makes Business Intelligence work on Hadoop. We are the first to offer the BI ecosystem virtual OLAP cubes built natively on the most scalable platform on the planet. By understanding SQL and MDX from a single Intelligent Cube, the AtScale Intelligent Platform allows BYOBI (Bring Your Own BI), scaling on all your data and performing optimally.
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for our OLAP on Hadoop solution, AtScale is actively searching for a Sales Engineer. As an AtScale Sales Engineer, you will work with a high performance team both at headquarters and in the field. You will support sales and feedback to our product and engineering team. This is a hand-on technologist role. An AtScale Sales Engineer needs to understand the BI and the Big Data landscape.
- Working with customers, partners and prospects to understand and propose an AtScale solution
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations to all levels of an organization
- Translate business need and map to AtScale capabilities
- Manage technical sales process from discovery through post-sales for numerous customers day-to-day
- Educate prospects on the business value of AtScale’s offerings
- Drive successful POCs including product install, data modeling, reporting
- Continuously learn and update skills in quickly evolving technologies
- Facilitate communication between customers, product management, engineering, customer success and professional services
- Maintain high level knowledge of competitive product lines, especially as it relates to technical aspect of AtScale Intelligence Platform
- Minimum 5 years experience in pre-sales roles for business intelligence, data analytics, and/or Big Data industries
- Highly dependable, team player with high energy, positive attitude and with great organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge and experience in SQL, MDX, database concepts, Hadoop, Linux and data modeling
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Microstrategy, IBM Cognos, Qlik, SAP BO
- BS in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 30%