Senior Software Engineer
AtScale bridges the gap between business users and their data.
The average enterprise sits on a mountain of data that business users could use to drive better performance. Unfortunately, most enterprises are not equipped to gain value out of their data: according to Forrester, close to 75% of the data stored within an enterprise goes unused. Enterprises need ways to deliver data to business users with simplicity, speed and security.
Back in 2009 at Yahoo!, AtScale’s founding team experienced this first hand, and witnessed the power and potential of Hadoop. However, we struggled to make the data in Hadoop accessible to the business users who needed it. Tired of moving data into expensive, legacy databases, the AtScale team decided to build what they could not buy.
- Architect, design, develop and test software modules
- Support and develop the software team
- Analyze information, software design, software documentation, and software testing
- Lead whiteboard software design discussions and formalize documentation of agreed design
- Code software in multiple languages including Go, Scala and Java for both product and tests
- Debug during new software development as well as debug issues reported from Quality Assurance engineers or customers
- Assist other engineers with problems and code reviews
- Enter tickets (Issues or tasks) into the Issue Tracking System
- Write preliminary documentation on new features
- Alter or enhance the Continuous Integration Pipeline for building software
- Develop specialized tools for Field Engineering
Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and five (5) years progressive, post-baccalaureate experience as a Software Engineer or in a related role
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of experience, will accept a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and three (3) years of experience as a Software Engineer or in related role
- Experience with software design and architecture including relational schema database design and data analytics pertaining to relational databases
- Experience with Big Data tools including Hadoop
- Experience with version controls systems including Git
- Experience with programming languages Scala, Go, or Python
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle