Account Development Manager - West
AtScale bridges the gap between business users and their data.
The average enterprise sits on a mountain of data that business users could use to drive better performance. Unfortunately, most enterprises are not equipped to gain value out of their data: according to Forrester, close to 75% of the data stored within an enterprise goes unused. Enterprises need ways to deliver data to business users with simplicity, speed and security.
Back in 2009 at Yahoo!, AtScale’s founding team experienced this first hand, and witnessed the power and potential of Hadoop. However, we struggled to make the data in Hadoop accessible to the business users who needed it. Tired of moving data into expensive, legacy databases, the AtScale team decided to build what they could not buy.
Account Development Manager - West
This position will require you to parlay business contacts that you make into a long term business relationship, as well as market our extensive services and product solutions to business entities, via phone, mail, or electronic marketing. Along with a solid understanding of technology applications, products, and services, your previous successful phone and direct sales experience are required. This position is intended to provide experience in direct sales and account management activities. Incumbents are responsible for providing overview information to clients on the telephone. A solid understanding of our products and services and the ability to sell technology with extraordinary customer satisfaction are the qualities that will make you very successful in this opportunity. The professional that we seek should be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, thrive in fast pace environment with multiple challenges and possess the ability to organize and prioritize work activities to produce consistent results. You must be able to establish and maintain productive working relationships with other staff members, and clients, and also possess a strong customer service ethic.
Specific Areas of Responsibilities
- Work with the Territory Account Manager(s) in the East region to create, define and execute tasks to support their territory plan
- Set up appointments, demonstrations and seminars
- Serve as a primary point of contact with prospects from first call to qualified turnover to the Territory Account Manager or Reseller Partner as appropriate
- Achieve and exceed regional sales targets through execution of various demand generation activities
- Capture sales prospecting activity in Salesforce.com. Enter new contacts into system as acquired through pipeline follow-up and lead generation campaigns
- Assist with special sales projects and events
- Perform outbound sales activities such as cold calling, lead follow-up, email campaigns, remote demonstrations, and sales qualification. These activities will target a variety of vertical market and job role categories.
- Maintain consistent level of understanding about AtScale's software products, messaging and content, sales tactics, strategy and internal company processes.
- Create and maintain sales statistics as required
- Candidate must be willing to work in and help grow a relatively small organization.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with not yet established companies rather than those that are immediately name recognizable. Some experience with telemarketing or outound sales a big plus (software or technical)
- Knowledge of BI or DW space required
- Experience with Salesforce.com required
- Excellent verbal skills: ability to speak clearly, confidently, and professionally both on the telephone and in-person about software capabilities, approach, culture, process, etc
- Writing skills: ability to write clearly and succinctly, to adapt writing style to match the audience, and to develop complete, polished proposals
- Strong organization and follow though skills
- Must be self-motivated, ambitious and possess a winning attitude
- Must be aggressive with outbound demand generation activities
- Persuasive and energetic personality
- Work from your NYC area home-office and be in the NYC office as appropriate
- 1+ years of Hadoop/BI experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent business experience