System QA Test Specialist
Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Manufacturing Engineering /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
As a System QA Test Specialist you will have a critical role on the system integration test team. We will rely on your attention to detail and excellent documentation skills to describe problems and identify risks/quality issues for our robotic system. Test planning and execution will be a big part of your day along with collaborating with the product development team to understand new features and tests required.
Who you are
- Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a QA role
- Experience in practical application of QA metrics and methodologies
- Experience with test automation and CI/CD pipelines a strong asset, especially if in Azure DevOps
- Strong ability to identify, record, document, and track bugs
- Ability to understand and work with electro-mechanical systems; basic understanding of motors & robotics
- Soft skills that include strong written and oral communication, time management, self-direction, and organization
What we need
- Creating test cases, test suites, & documentation to show that the design meets expectations - validating behaviour at a system level
- Performing regression testing to ensure existing functionality works as expected
- Employing standard software QA principles to create and improve Test Cases
- Design test suites to capture the behaviour of new products
- Operating the Attabotics system
- Interacting with the robotics, and performing minor repairs
- Troubleshooting problems
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.