Director, Software Solutions
Toronto, Ontario /
OPERATIONS – Software /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
The Director, Software implements the company strategy and ensures the software team utilizes best practices. The Director leads, directs and oversees the software development and quality assurance teams in developing, debugging and releasing features and functionalities to support the overall strategic vision of the product. Collaborating with all business teams at all levels, the Director, Software is accountable for delivering reliable and quality software solutions that align with the technology roadmap. The Director, Software builds, supports and mentors a high-performance team of developers and technical leaders.
Who you are
- 7-10 years’ experience in software development with, desirably, a minimum of 3 years’ in a senior leadership role
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering degree or equivalent
- Highly collaborative in seeking the right solution with cross functional teams
- Strong communication and analytical skills and a thorough understanding of product development
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of the organization
- Background in continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) and the implementation of CI/CD practices into the SDLC
What we need
- Liaise across all business teams including product management and senior executives to define and deliver software solutions that meet the overall strategic vision of product and roadmap
- Provide leadership, guidance and technical day-to-day expertise/direction to the software and quality assurance development teams throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Define and execute on technical direction and strategy, oversee release schedule and approve software releases
- Build a culture of ownership, quality, process improvement and data driven decision making across all stages of development
- Establish software development standards and guidelines
- Build, coach and mentor a high performing team of software developers and technical leaders
- Identify and mitigate risks in your teams’ resources and capabilities
- Envision, strategize and execute on the evolution of existing architecture and systems
- Perform other duties as required
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.