Software Developer (Remote)
Vancouver, British Columbia /
OPERATIONS – Software /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies, Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
You are a Software Developer that is capable of broader solution designing, building and maintenance of our Core server side software products. You can expect to evaluate technologies, recommend solutions, enterprise scalability, performance and optimization. You are someone that will blaze the path for innovation with our Nexus product.
**Based in Calgary and fully remote
Who you are
- 5+ years' experience required in similar role
- Computer Science or Software Engineering Degree
- C# .NET experience
- Service oriented architecture
- WPF experience an asset
- Familiarity or experience with control systems an asset
- Multithreaded application experience
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Agile software development and management tools
- Exposure to both greenfield and brownfield development
- Demonstrated thirst for learning, constantly challenging oneself and keeping skills current
What we need
- Works within a team to design and develop software applications
- Performs coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process
- Collect requirements from stakeholders
- Core Product Developer specializing in the design, build, and maintenance of the core server side software product
- Work with R&D team to incorporate new product ideas into the Nexus product
- Adapt code to existing standards and practices
- Work closely with QA resources to ensure all acceptance criteria for new functionality are being met
- Design and implement code solutions to increase system optimization, maintainability, scalability, security, testability, and stability
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.