Sr. Mechanical Designer
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
Who you are
- Experienced engineer or industrial designer with a proven track record in delivering complex and innovative mechanical and mechatronic designs to market
- 8+ years of related experience in mechanical/mechatronic engineering or design roles
- Expert in designing high volume, high reliability moving parts and mechanisms for automotive, printer, or similar industries
- Extensive experience with 3D mechanical CAD and PDM/PLM software for design, simulation and documentation (Siemens NX & Teamcenter experience preferred but experience with similar applications will be considered)
- Extensive experience in design for manufacture, assembly, test, and serviceability. Experience with Design for Six Sigma or similar methodologies would be an asset.
- Direct experience with high volume manufacturing processes such as injection molding, die casting, machining, laser & waterjet cutting, rapid prototyping, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of ASME drafting standards and Geometric Dimensions and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Someone with a drive to get things done; designed, validated, documented, produced and deployed
- Someone who knows what it is like to make design decisions that you have to live with for years to come
What we need
- Lead projects from conception through implementation in the field
- Design robotic hardware and systems for mass production as we move from small and medium volumes to tens of thousands of systems fielded per year
- Design electronic enclosures and assemblies for regulatory compliance; fire, electrical, and mechanical safety to bring a developing system into a world-class industrial design
- Review designs and concepts for functionality, safety, reliability, and cost of production, test, and maintenance/service, mentoring and advising junior and intermediate designers and engineers
- 3D CAD modeling, drawing production, BOM creation, and related documentation for components and assemblies in Siemens NX and Teamcenter
- Component and subsystem specification, design reviews, and collaborate in setting design direction between competing concepts, with detailed engineering calculations to back it all up
- Contribute to department practices, procedures, and engineering best habits
- Lead joint development efforts with project managers, clients and industry partners
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is comitted to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.