Mechanical Sustaining Engineer
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
You have a passion for continuous improvement and making sure things are done properly. Driving quality and cost improvements from idea to reality is at the core of who you are. You have experience with executing on Engineering Change Notices (ECN) and addressing Supplier Change Requests (SCR’s). You will work closely with the New Product Introduction team and be responsible for quality oversight and management for production launch. Your primary responsibility is to ensure products meet world-class quality standards while meeting all design control and other regulatory requirements.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering required preferred
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and remote teams
- Experience with robots and mechatronic product development
- Experience with hands on assembly and testing in a mechatronic production environment
What we need
- Identify root causes and effectively implement corrective / preventative actions
- Planning and implementing engineering change orders
- Work with a cross disciplinary team of sustaining engineers to resolve Corrective Action Reports
- Respond to internal technical inquiries on released products
- Perform second sourcing, cost reduction, and other sustaining engineering activities
- Support engineers in the field with troubleshooting advice and background analysis
- Occasional travel to customer sites to assist in troubleshooting
- Support process and cost improvement projects
- Support internal and external reliability (eg HALT) testing
- Participate and support development activities including design reviews and risk assessment
- Support the investigation of product complaints
- Monitor, support and address performance of the product within the production and field environments
- Provide the design services to maintain seamless production through management of component obsolescence, supply challenges and performance related issues
- Support the growth of design, business and documentation towards ISO 9001 standards
- Assist in the growth of manufacturing and field support systems
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.