Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Manufacturing Operations /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
The Installation Technician will complete construction activities on client sites installing all equipment as per stamped engineered drawings and to local codes. You will also assist with post construction activities and prepare for handover to end user.
Who you are
- 5+ years in construction ideally with a trade ticket
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to listen to client concerns
- Must have strong analytical thinking, able to diagnose equipment problems and determine the appropriate ways to fix issues
- Strong mechanical skills and proficient using tools for the installation of company products
- Proficient computer skills
- Able to complete physically demanding work that includes climbing, balancing, lifting, bending, standing and moving objects up to 50lbs
- Team player who can also work independently
- Must be able to travel outside of Canada
- EWP, forklift, fall arrest and first aid tickets preferred
What we need
- Field install of Attabotics’ system at different client sites as per engineering drawings and to local codes
- Assist with post construction activities and handover to end users
- Prepare and present site inductions, safety briefings and toolbox meetings
- Manage and record periodical QC inspections
- Install human interface controls
- Supervise local support contractors
- Maintain daily logs of activity and service items
- Adhere to company and client’s safety policies while onsite
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.