Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Manufacturing Operations /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
As a Production Planner at Attabotics Inc. your sharp analytical skills and exceptional organization and time-management abilities will enable you to excel in our fast paced, continuously improving environment. With great attention to detail and understanding of advanced manufacturing process, you will be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process. Within our manufacturing facilities you will find and plan production for both human operated equipment as well as fully automated robots.
With an in-depth knowledge of a manufacturing ERP system paired with an understanding of planning principles, you will support the development and accuracy of routings, bill of materials, work orders, schedules, and inventory in order to ensure efficient throughput of multiple product lines.
Who you are
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Production Planner in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong ability to maintain effective communication both internally and externally as well as working as part of a team and individually
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and understanding of an ERP system required; preferably Microsoft Dynamics, JDE or SAP
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Visio)
- Technical certifications such as an APICS certification is not required, however considered an asset
- Training in Inventory and Materials Management is preferable
- Driver's license with proven safe driving record
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Willingness to learn new technologies
What we need
- Schedule usage of production materials to ensure optimal production levels
- Monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or bottlenecks in usage
- Identify and resolve problems relating to inventory
- Address issues regarding production output
- Manage deadlines based on project expectations
- Work within our ERP system to review and evaluate production progress, raw material inventory and finished goods demand
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of work orders
- Interact with shop floor management daily to resolve issues regarding manufacturing deliverables or to provide additional information as requested from other departments
- Achieve departmental/company goals and controls. Make suggestions for improvement in areas of cost reduction, processes, quality, and productivity
- Develop planning schedules for various levels of reporting
- Be a lead supporter of proper inventory practices, cycle counts and full inventory counts
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.