Robot Repair and Assembly Lead
OPERATIONS – Manufacturing Operations
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
The Robot Repair and Maintenance Lead is responsible for overseeing the repair and maintenance team and related processes for robots a safe and efficient manner. This position reports into the Robot Manufacturing Manager.
The Robot Repair and Maintenance Lead will provide leadership, guidance, technical support and daily direction to the robot repair and maintenance team. This position will directly support customer calls, and facilitate field returns and repairs. This position will also achieve and maintain an optimal shop facility layout to meet the growing business needs. The Robot Repair and Maintenance Lead is lead position will interface directly with other internal teams (engineering, procurement, quality, fabrication etc.) to maintain effective operations.
This lead position will lead by example to foster a safe and positive culture.
What we need:
- Lead/supervise the robot repair and maintenance team via scheduling and assigning daily/weekly work activities
- Lead the team in creating and updating documentation to support maintenance and repairs and related processes.
- Schedule and execute training for new and existing team members.
- Directly execute maintenance and repair of robots.
- Troubleshoot robot issues via the phone for customer sites.
- When required, build and test robots in support of the new product production team.
- Track, record and present daily/weekly production updates/numbers
- Directly support and provide coverage for Robot Manufacturing Manager as required.
- Work directly with design team to resolve design issues resulting from feedback on repairs and maintenance.
- Work directly with procurement, shipping/receiving team, manufacturing engineering and internal fabrication team as required.
- Support customer site locations, through direct communication, allocation of team resources to site, or traveling to site as required by the business
Who you are:
- Demonstrated leadership of manufacturing / trades teams
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing / repair and assembly setting
- Experience dealing with customers in a technical support role
- Knowledge of bills of materials, work order execution via ERP system
- Ability to understand engineered drawings
- A background in mechanics, preferably robotics, is necessary
- Experience/training in lean manufacturing setting would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast passed, physically demanding manufacturing setting
- Knowledge in electro-mechanical processes would be an asset
- High school diploma required
- Degree or certificate in a related field (Technician, Journeyman, etc) considered an asset
- Safety training would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary leadership courses would be considered an asset
- Engineering back ground would be an asset
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
ATTAbotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. ATTAbotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
ATTAbotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.