IT Support Specialist
Calgary, Alberta /
PEOPLE & CULTURE – IT /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
The IT Support Specialist will provide support to end users ensuring they are oriented and have appropriate access and knowledge on how we use our systems and data within our administrative and security frameworks. We will rely on your excellent problem-solving abilities to own and effectively close the loop on technical issues and requests to support the timely delivery of solutions. On a daily basis, you will be the first point of contact for the IT team and must be able to effectively capture IT requests, solve technical issues, configure equipment and lead follow up communications as required. You're someone that strives at creating the best possible experience for users.
Who you are
- Diploma in Networking, IT or Computer Science
- 2+ years of related experience in a variety of environments is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience analyzing and communicating requirements, collaborative team player with a strong work ethic, initiative, and a self-starter
- Strong desire and interest in learning about technology, keeping abreast of the latest changes and solutions, and to be constantly learning and challenging oneself to seek leading edge technology solutions
- Preference will also be given to candidates with O365, Azure, DevOps, Dynamics as well as report scripting experience
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Strong and effective communicator
- Excellent customer service skills
What we need
- End user accounts and support of O365 suite (including, Office SharePoint, Teams) AzureAD, management of exchange, and accounts for users, groups and devices
- End user support of Client OS, networking, and production application issues
- End user support, voice, meeting room tech and web meeting technologies
- Deploy and configure operating systems to multiple employee hardware platforms
- Diagnose, find faults and propose resolutions for employee reported issues
- Hardware procurement, builds, patching, health and security analysis and maintenance of records in the configuration management database
- Communicate insights that will inform our technology selection and improve our operational and support processes
- Understand and contribute to the documentation of internal business processes, workflows, systems and data resources on and off premise
- Support tasks related to Change and Configuration Management planning and practices
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.