Mechanical Engineer, Structure
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
ATTAbotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that has is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. ATTAbotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the eCommerce and warehousing fulfillment market. ATTAbotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, ATTAbotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
Who are you and what we need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in a related mechanical engineering design role.
- Detailed mechanical design knowledge of structures, mechanisms, actuators, and material selection.
- Expert in 3D mechanical CAD and PDM/PLM software for design, simulation and documentation. (Siemens NX & Teamcenter experience preferred but experience with similar applications will be considered).
- Working knowledge of various manufacturing processes such as machining, laser & waterjet cutting, injection molding, rapid prototyping, sheet metal, etc.
- Practical understanding of ASME drafting standards.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Design new components to support the ATTAbotics fulfilment system including automated 3D material handling structures, conveyors and peripheral equipment.
- Lead design changes to improve structure systems performance and manufacturability for volume production.
- Create detailed mechanical designs, 3D CAD models and related documentation including dimensioned drawings, Bill of Materials, manufacturing instructions and technical service bulletins.
- Build up a portfolio of design automation tools and engineering processes to improve efficiency.
- Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions, design reviews, testing, and prototyping.
- Coordinate engineering change orders with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Design of new customer specific builds as well as add-ons and modifications to support existing structures / systems.
- Use agile project management concepts while overseeing projects from initial concept through to completion.
- Investigate and simulate the loads and demands on structures to validate that the overall system design meets stakeholder requirements.
- Lead joint development efforts with project managers, clients and industry partners.
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
ATTAbotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. ATTAbotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.