VP, Channel Sales (Remote)
Los Angeles, California /
OPERATIONS – Business Development /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies, Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, The VP, Channel Sales will provide leadership and direction to Attabotics’ channel sales function to create, maintain and expand channel partner relationships in North America (US and Canada). You'll generate new business through building a reseller and referral partner network, while maintaining direct relationships with end customers to ensure full visibility on target opportunities. Target markets are pure play e-commerce, grocery e-commerce, micro fulfillment and retail initially.
Who you are
- 10+ years experience of Channel Sales and Business Development experience in the Automation and/or Logistics space
- Bachelors Degree
- CxO relationships are strongly preferred
- Long-term client relationship development and management skills
- Ability to lead and execute strategic initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills
- Ability to frequently travel within North America as necessary; international travel also required
- Excellent analytical, modeling, and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgement
What we need
- Align channel sales objectives with company business strategy through active participation in strategic planning, forecasting, resource planning and budgeting
- Directly contribute to channel sales success by actively participating in client engagements and closing new business contracts
- Actively lead system design discussions
- Lead solution development that best meets end user objectives
- Manage Channel Partner Relationships by determining the commercial and technical qualifications of channel partners and ensure they have the appropriate training to sell, implement and support Attabotics
- Maintain strong, direct relationships with end customers, channel partners and other key stakeholders (e.g. consultants) and manage channel conflicts
- Sell through and beside channel partners to end users in coordination with channel partner resources
- Identify and sell directly to key accounts (projects may realize through a channel partner)
- Own the standard proposal format and content, ensuring robust risk mitigation including clear language regarding testing, schedule and project acceptance in each proposal
- Develop a technical enablement strategy that supports the channel sales’ partners including training program and developing drawing and budget tools
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of each strategic partner’s business and what drives their success
- Create, document and own a global sales process with continual updates
- Collaborate with Business Development, Marketing and Customer Service leaders to ensure optimal use of applications resources, which will support all channels and ensure alignment toward short and long term company strategic goals
- Create and maintain an annual business plan with quarterly updates and KPI evaluation utilizing Salesforce
- Coordinate with relevant industry groups (e.g. MHI) as required
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.