Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
We have an opening for an experienced Electrical Engineer for our Robot Development team. You’ll be working with a team of Engineers and Technologists responsible for achieving product commercialization of a shuttle robot at the core of a novel Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS). You will write PCB specifications and design, modify, validate and certify robot electronics. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, as part of a highly motivated team, in an exciting new industry.
Who you are
- BS Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar field
- 5+ years working in PCB design, validation
- Qualified to register as an EIT in good standing as recognized by APEGA
- Experience with high-power (100A) circuit board design and layout, microprocessor, monitoring and sensing circuits
- Knowledge and experience working with industrial communication protocols such as EtherCAT, Canbus, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, etc.
- Experience with servo drives and electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in designing to, and obtaining, Electrical Certification through an NRTL (safety, EMI/EMC)
- Exposure to the Altium Designer and Vault electronic CAD environment
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with external and internal teams
- Excellent ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced engineering environment
What we need
- Develop prototype and mass production PCB hardware
- Plan and execute Design Validation tests on prototype PCBs
- Work closely with Mechanical and Firmware Engineers on system design
- Employ Agile (sprint, Kanban) tools and practices to track and plan your work
- Work with certification agencies to ensure electronics meet all regulatory requirements
- Work within design best practices and review checklists
- Review the work of other Professional Engineers
- Coordinate with internal Purchasing staff and external PCB manufacturers
- Support sustaining activities through an Engineering Change process
- Diagnose root cause of product failures and develop corrective actions
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.