Field Service Repair Technician
Newark, California /
OPERATIONS – Client Operations /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
The Field Service Repair Technician (FSRT) will be responsible for repairing, dismantling or troubleshooting our robotic shuttles. The FSRT will have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. This position requires the lifting of robotic shuttles (approx. 50lbs).
Who you are
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and fix hardware and industrial equipment
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Works with minimal supervision
- You prioritize working safely and making sure your health and safety as well as those of your co-workers is part of your job
What we need
- Perform preventive maintenance, upgrade, calibrate and repair of the structure, robots, PLC controller, radio modules, and servo motors
- Troubleshoots problems to isolate faulty components
- Manages spare inventory and coordinate RMA shipping
- Ensure timely, professional, and effective response to customer service needs to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Escalate issues to tech support team or engineering if required
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.