Calgary, Alberta /
CORPORATE – Product /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
The Product Manager maximizes Attabotics product development engine by initiating and contributing to R & D programs and guiding them through the commercialization process. The Product Manager will collaborate with our manufacturing and sustaining Engineering teams to ensure there is a proper development hand-off and alignment throughout Attabotics. They will be a hands-on leader that can contribute technically and administrate the product development process while maintaining a culture of creativity and engagement.
Who you are
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a similar technical field
- 8 years program management experience within a fast-paced technology environment
- A background in hands-on software and hardware development
- Create and maintain project schedules, assess and mitigate risk to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and performance goals
- Strong leadership skills with cross-functional teams with an accent on issue resolution, critical path management and facilitating decision making between project teams and executive team
- Drive issues to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for real-time decision making
- Possess strong presentation skills
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects)
What we need
- Work closely with Technical, Marketing and Operations to ensure product objectives are met and implement effective strategies to optimize product development
- Partner with Engineering to envision, develop and execute on Attabotics product road map
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop well-defined requirements for projects on Attabotics product road map
- Plan, organize, coordinate and lead the development and implementation for critical new product development projects
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights project prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions
- Plan and implement KPIs to track and measure project delivery
- Augment Attabotics cultural values by elevating and educating Attabotics product development process
- Support and manage product development process activities from a planning and technical perspective. Utilizes technical expertise to ensure success upon launch
- Oversee development of technical specifications, project check points, testing requirements and operating guidelines to help ensure the optimal execution of development projects
- Conduct deliverable reviews during project transitions to make sure projects are meeting requirements and that remaining risks and work are understood, and that deliverables are achievable
- Demonstrate proficiency in job duties by streamlining processes and procedures and working cooperatively with other team members
- Assist process development, operations and technical groups in developing and implementing process improvements
- Perform other duties as maybe assigned
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.